- Must be 18-22 years old at the time of entry.
- Must be nominated by a university or private teacher, conductor, director, professional performer, music dealer, or community musical leader (nominators may not be a relative of the applicant).
- Must have attained a high level of musical achievement in solo appearances, honors, scholarships, and ensemble performances.
- Must have the personal qualities compatible with the high musical standards necessary for acceptance into the program.
- Must be a full-time student studying in the U.S. Yamaha is unable to provide international travel.
- Must be available for travel and performance from Saturday, June 21 through Tuesday, June 24, 2014.
- Indicate whether you wish to be considered as a jazz or classical applicant by selecting the appropriate box on the application.
- A completed, separate application is necessary if an applicant wishes to apply for both classical and jazz, or on multiple instruments.
- Complete all information on the application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A nominating person must complete all nominator information (see application). There are no other expectations placed on the nominating person.
- Submit an audio CD or MP3s with a minimum of 2 different recordings of solo performances (with accompaniment, if applicable). The pieces (or excerpts) may display different styles, but should above all show the applicant’s strongest musical attributes. Original pieces are welcome. The total length and number of pieces submitted are up to the applicant’s discretion. Recordings must be of high audio quality.
- A separate document containing the applicant’s name, instrument, and titles and composers of each submitted recording must be attached to the completed application (mailed and emailed). If mailing the completed application, the submitted audio CD must also be physically labeled with the applicant’s name and instrument. Blank CDs will not be considered.
- Mail completed application(s) and recordings to the address at the bottom of the application - OR - email completed, scanned electronic application(s) and recordings (MP3 file format) to email@example.com.
- At this time, we are able to accept applications for the following instruments: Piccolo, Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Mallet or Concert Percussion, Drums, Violin, Viola, Cello, Upright Bass, and Piano.
- Recordings should feature the applicant as a soloist, rather than an ensemble player.
- Please edit recordings to include solo materials you would like the judge to consider.
All application materials must be postmarked or emailed by midnight on March 31, 2014.