1/15/2014 [Audio & Visual]
Yamaha MCR-N560 Supercharges Executive Micro-system with Network Streaming and High-res Audio
BUENA PARK, Calif. (January 15, 2014) — Yamaha today introduced the MCR-N560, a PianoCraft series micro component system for music lovers who want to access their music libraries from home networks and mobile devices, as well as from more traditional sources like CDs and FM radio. It also caters to the discerning music enthusiast, offering high-resolution audio FLAC/WAV 192 kHz/24-bit signal compatibility. In addition to exceptional sound quality, the system has a compact, yet luxurious design that can be placed virtually anywhere in any room.
The free downloadable NETWORK PLAYER CONTROLLER app for Apple® iOS and Android™ lets users easily control the MCR-N560 from smartphones and tablets.
The system offers remarkable connectivity and versatility across sources, including:
- DLNA® Certified network support for access to music stored on PCs or NAS (networked attached storage) devices
- Internet radio for listening to thousands of online stations
- Apple AirPlay® for wireless playback of content from iPod®, iPhone® and iPad® devices
- A front-panel USB port for enjoying music stored on additional portable devices and memory sticks
The MCR-N560 can also be used to enhance TV audio with digital optical and coaxial inputs allowing connection to a TV or Blu-ray Disc™ player.
The attractive CRX-N560, the main unit of this system, features a hairline-finish aluminum front panel with diamond-shaped front corners and piano black side panels. The equally appealing speakers have cabinets with a deep luster and high-texture wood grain finish, which remain true to Yamaha's tradition of elegantly styled PianoCraft components.
"The MCR-N560 benefits from the same craftsmanship and design approach that Yamaha utilizes in its full-size home entertainment components. Only Yamaha has this deep expertise in audio that enables us to regularly share key technologies between our consumer audio, professional audio and musical instrument product divisions," said Bob Goedken, general manager, AV Products, Yamaha Corporation of America. "It is a sophisticated and versatile system that is equally suited for personal listening and sharing music with family and friends."
Examples of Yamaha's integration of its signature technology and design in the MCR-N560 include:
- A highly efficient digital amp for high sound clarity and low distortion
- Separate circuit boards for CD/DAC sources and for network audio, which improves sound by minimizing mutual interference of audio signals
- Speakers employing a high quality cone woofer and a soft dome tweeter, as well as Yamaha's proprietary Vibration Control Cabinet Structure technology, which further reduces distortion
Pricing and Availability
The MCR-N560 (MSRP: $649.95) is available now from authorized Yamaha dealers. The CRX-N560 main unit (MSRP: $499.95) is also available separately, so that it can be used with other speakers. The optional Yamaha accessories that extend the MCR-N560's source compatibility include the YWA-10 Wi-Fi adapter (MSRP: $99.95) for wireless music streaming to the receiver from PCs, NAS devices and the Internet, as well as the YBA-11 Bluetooth® wireless technology audio receiver (MSRP: $69.95) for streaming music from compatible smartphones, tablets or computers.
For more information, visit insert http://4wrd.it/MCRN560PPPR.