3/15/2012 [Audio & Visual]Newest model offers direct connectivity for iPhones and iPods, YPAO auto-calibration system set-up, HDMI 4K and 3D and ECO friendly features
BUENA PARK, Calif.—Yamaha Electronics Corporation today unveiled the RX-V373, the 5.1 channel A/V receiver that is the entry point to the company's new market-leading RX-V series and boasts major first-time feature upgrades at $299.95 MSRP. Yamaha continues to provide consumers easy access to their content by adding a convenient front panel USB input for direct connectivity to iPods, iPhones and USB drives. Yamaha also adds its proprietary YPAO system that ensures the easy calibration of an audio system to optimize the listening experience. To future-proof consumers, the RX-V373 also provides 4K video pass-through from yet-to-be-introduced source components, which will provide four times the resolution of 1080p to compatible displays. The entry-level unit also offers HDMI (4 in/1 out) with 3D and Audio Return Channel to support the very latest high definition audio and video formats.
The balance of the Yamaha RX-V A/V receiver line – with even more advanced feature sets - will be announced later this month.
"With the RX-V373 we have created a sophisticated, yet simple-to-use receiver that gives consumers all the essential HD performance features they need to get the most immersive experience from their music, movies, games and sports. And by adding 4K pass-through, we are bridging the gap to the next generation of high definition video," said Tom Sumner, president, Yamaha Electronics Corporation. "The new RX-V series product lineup is certain to delight consumers."
The RX-V373's direct digital USB connection to iPods and iPhones provides superior sound quality. Song titles, as well as system control and setup prompts, are shown on the receiver's attractive on-screen multi-language display that overlays onto HD and 3D video signals. The port will also charge connected iPods and iPhones.
The RX-V373 offers a full complement of HD Audio format decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
Other notable performance and convenience features of the RX-V373 include:
- ECO Mode that reduces the model's power consumption by 20 percent. The model has extremely low power consumption in standby mode and Auto Power Down can be set for 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours;
- YPAO system calibration that ensures more accurate room measurements by confirming the subwoofer is fully responding before making audio adjustments;
- A subwoofer level adjustment that enables listeners to increase the bass without disturbing the system's crossover point. The result is that vocals and high frequency sounds do not end up "boomy" or "muddy" from being misdirected through the subwoofer;
- A High speed HDMI switching function that remembers the settings of all connected sources, eliminating the time it normally takes to adjust to each when they are selected;
- Four convenient SCENE Mode buttons that automatically power on the appropriate components and make system adjustments for specific entertainment options.
A full suite of proprietary audio features gives users flexibility and control in setting up the best possible audio experiences. Cinema DSP, with 17 DSP programs, enables users to adjust the listening experience precisely to their preferences. SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones. Virtual CINEMA DSP lets consumers enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without using surround speakers. It can be used with the front / center / presence speakers or even with two front left and right speakers. Yamaha's proprietary Compressed Music Enhancer technology restores lost detail in compressed music files, providing a natural sounding listening experience when enjoying your favorite music from an iPod, iPhone or other compressed music source.
The Yamaha RX-V373 is now shipping for an MSRP of $299.95.
For more information, write Yamaha Electronics Corporation, P.O. Box 6660, Buena Park, CA 90620; call (714) 522-9105 or visit RX-V373 product.