Yamaha Corporation makes a significant addition to its line of audio and video components for home theater systems with the introduction of the DRX-2 DVD Recorder.
The DRX-2 offers all of the advantages of the +RW format, and provides six recording mode...
Yamaha Corporation makes a significant addition to its line of audio and video components for home theater systems with the introduction of the DRX-2 DVD Recorder. The DRX-2 offers all of the advantages of the +RW format, and provides six recording modes, including the world's first two-hour Linear PCM audio recording mode capable of recording DVD+RW and DVD+R discs.It can also play back all types of DVDs and CDs. Other outstanding features include: Fit to Space Recording, Progressive Scan Output, Index Picture Screen, Auto and Manual Chapter Marker Insertion, versatile editing functions and i.LINK digital connection.
- Records on DVD+RW and DVD+R discs
- Linear PCM audio recording (1 and 2-hour recording modes)
- Six recording modes up to six hours
- Fit to Space recording
- Progressive Scan output for sharper pictures
- Component video inputs for best digital recording quality
- Recorded discs play on nearly all DVD-Video players and DVD-ROM drives
- Plays all types of DVDs and CDs (except DVD-RAM)
- Digital copying from camcorder via i.LINK
- Index Picture Screen shows first scene of all recorded segments
- Edit mode provides numerous editing functions
- Auto and Manual Chapter Marker insertion
- No need to finalize DVD+RW discs as with DVD-Video*
- VCR Plus+ compatibility
- *DVD+R discs must be finalized to play on other DVD players.
- **VCR Plus+ and PlusCode are trademarks of Gemstar Development Corp.
CD Digital Video
DVD Players equipped with CD Digital Video capabilities will be able to play video and sound media that has been compressed together and recorded onto a CD disc.
The most popular 5.1 channel home theater sound system. An improvement over Dolby® Pro Logic® in that it offers: 1) Full frequency response in all channels (3 Hz — 20 kHz), 2) discrete surround channels, and 3) a separate track for bass, only, called the Low-Frequency Effects channel.
DVD is essentially a large capacity optical video storage media that contains movies or other video content for home entertainment. DVD has become the standard for video publishing by most movie and video studios.
i.LINK provides a digital connection for DVD-Audio Linear PCM, Super Audio CD DSD (Direct Stream Digital) and other high quality audio sources.
DVD Players equipped with Video CD capabilities will be able to play video and sound media that has been compressed together using the MPEG 1 standard, and recorded onto a CD disc.