The PSR-3000 offers the most value for the dollar of any arranger keyboard we make, with new features previously reserved for the top models like Mega Voice technology, color screen, 3-part vocal harmony, video out and organ flutes that use modeling technology. In addition, SmartMedia capability and USB "TO DEVICE" for connecting hard drives, thumb drives and floppy disk drives finally bring large media storage to this level of product, and broadband for connecting the keyboard directly to the Internet and downloading content – an industry first. And finally, there are still features that even a beginner would appreciate like performance assistant technology for song playback that, when enabled, insures that even a non-player cannot make a mistake. Convenience, quality and expandability – the PSR-3000 has it all.
Mega Voice technology and MEGAEnhancer software – music to your ears
First introduced in Tyros, Mega Voice brings a new level of realism to the PSR-3000 keyboard. Why are Mega Voices so special? They feature multiple samples across the keyboard with sophisticated velocity switching – for incredibly authentic instrument so...
Mega Voice technology and MEGAEnhancer software – music to your ears
First introduced in Tyros, Mega Voice brings a new level of realism to the PSR-3000 keyboard. Why are Mega Voices so special? They feature multiple samples across the keyboard with sophisticated velocity switching – for incredibly authentic instrument sounds. They contain not only the basic samples of the instrument but also the performance techniques used with it – including open and muted string sounds, slide effects, harmonics, hammer-on notes, strumming and body noises. Taking this a step further, included with the PSR-3000 is MEGAEnhancer software, which allows you to convert MIDI data on your PC so that it takes full advantage of the PSR-3000's Mega Voice capabilities. So now, MEGAEnhancer does for MIDI files what Mega Voice did for the built-in styles – taking data that sounds programmed , to sounding like music.
Large color screen – you're going to love it!
The LCD on keyboards is your connection to the instrument, whether it's selecting a voice, reading sheet music or browsing songs and styles on the Internet; bigger is better and color is better yet – like the QVGA display found on the PSR-3000. Color adds a new dimension to the different screens you use to control your music, but is most appreciated on ones with a lot of knobs and faders like the mixing screen. As with your TV or computer screen, after seeing and working with a color screen, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.
Microphone input, Vocal Harmony and Video out for real time performance
This past couple of years has seen a resurgence in TV talent shows that is adding new talent and vitality to the music market and entertainment field. Whether you sing for fun or for a living, the PSR-3000 has features that help you sound great. The keyboard is equipped with a microphone input (MIC not included) and a professional Vocal Harmony function, upgraded from the previous model to 4-part harmony including your original voice, which transposes your voice in real time to provide authentic sounding harmony. Add a choir to provide more depth and emotion to a ballad or expand your singing range with the unique Gender function. The harmony function can be triggered in real time from 3 different sources; left hand chords, right hand notes or from a track in a MIDI file. There are literally thousands of song files available from many different sources on the Internet that contain lyric and harmony information (for example: see the XF section at yamahamusicsoft.com. ) that makes the whole process plug and play. Call up the song and follow the lyrics in the screen, or connect the video out jack to your television for a family get-together or for audience participation in a club environment. The lyrics advance as the song does and the harmony will come and go at the appropriate times. And because it's MIDI, you can change the key without altering the sound. Once your friends and family try it, your biggest problem will be getting the microphone back!
Virtual Drawbars – all of the sound, none of the weight!
If you are a fan of that vintage organ sound, then look no further than the PSR-3000 Organ Flutes. One press of the Footage button calls up a graphical representation of nine drawbars and assigns the increment/decrement buttons under the screen for controlling them. You can make adjustments in real time that include flute footage volume, rotary speaker speed and type, organ type, vibrato, percussive attack and length, response and EQ. Once you get it the way you like, then simply save the new voice and call it up any time you like. And because the PSR-3000 has 2 Foot Pedal jacks, you can assign one to control rotary speed for smooth, hands free operation.
SmartMedia™ offers high-capacity storage
For the utmost in simplicity, compatibility and portability, the PSR-3000 features SmartMedia storage (card optional), offering up to 128MB of high-speed access to songs, styles, registration memory and user voices. Unlike audio files, MIDI songs and styles are small files, allowing you to store literally hundreds of your favorite tunes on a card that is not much bigger than a postage stamp. For convenience, there are a couple of ways to get data to the card. You can connect the keyboard directly to your computer, using the USB jack on the back, and transfer songs and styles from your computer to the card. Or, if you don't plan on having the two devices in the same room, simply pick up a memory card reader for your computer from your favorite electronic supply store and transfer data that way. For those that have large collections of MIDI data on floppy disk, you can connect an optional USB floppy drive (like the Yamaha UD-FD01 shown at right) and transfer the data directly to a SmartMedia card.
USB connectivity brings music directly to your keyboard
The PSR-3000 has 2 USB ports on the back, USB To Host and USB TO DEVICE.
- USB TO HOST is plug and play simple for recording and playing back MIDI files, as well as transferring data to and from your computer.
- USB TO DEVICE is for connecting optional peripheral USB storage devices like floppy disk drives, thumb drives and hard drives. USB TO DEVICE is also used for connecting the keyboard to the Internet using an optional USB-Ethernet or USB Wi-Fi adaptor. You'll need your computer to activate an account, but once that's done, you can browse through songs and styles and download music directly into your keyboard, play it, score it and learn it – no computer required. To learn more about this feature, visit the Internet Direct Connection services page. For the ultimate in user control, if the MIDI file is an XF file with embedded chord data, you can re-mix it. The keyboard will follow the chords in the song and replace appropriate tracks with auto accompaniment tracks like bass, drums, horns and guitar. For example, you can take a Rock song and convert it in real time to Latin, Jazz, Country or Hip Hop. This feature also adds accompaniment to interactive digital sheet music, which normally would only have the left and right piano parts (see Scorch XF at www.yamahamusicsoft.com). And with Yamaha's interactive Guide Mode, even a novice can learn to play their favorite music. Simply start a song, press Guide, and the keyboard highlights the notes on sheet music in the display screen and slows down or even waits for you to find the notes.
A Keyboard with more Style
The PSR-3000 features Styles (accompaniment patterns) in a variety of different musical genres including Rock, Jazz, Latin, Country and Dance. As you play chords with your left hand, the selected Style will automatically provide drums, bass, guitar, strings, organ and horn parts. This is live playing at it's best. For even greater diversity, this keyboard is the first in the line to offer four sections to the built-in Styles. For example, you could use the A section for the Verse, B section for the Chorus, C for the Bridge and D for a Solo. In addition, each Style has three different Intros and Endings with dedicated panel buttons, and will automatically fill, if you like, between sections.
Sounds Good To Me
A keyboard can only sound as good as the speakers that reproduce its sound. The stereo speaker system in the PSR-3000 has been specially designed to faithfully reproduce the powerful dynamics and subtle overtones of the onboard voices and music styles. The keyboard comes with 829 voices and is 128-note polyphonic. Additional sound features include a selection of special samples called Sweet!, Live! and Cool! voices.
- Sweet! Voices reproduce all the natural expression and vibrato of their respective acoustic instruments.
- Cool! Voices feature long samples of electronically amplified instruments.
- Live! Voices use stereo samples to ensure the most accurate reproduction of each instrument's natural presence, resonance and vibrato.
The PSR-3000 is compatible with commercially available song/style data includin
- GM2 - General MIDI 2
- XG – Yamaha Extended Voice Set
- DOC – Yamaha Disk Orchestra Collection
- SMF with lyrics – Standard MIDI File
- KAR – Karaoke Files
- XF – Songs with lyrics and/or chords
- SFF – Yamaha Style Files
Ease of operation
There are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day you own the keyboard.
- Direct Access button: Press this button and the function you would like to adjust, for example pitch bend, and the LCD screen instantly takes you there. Saves wading through menus and sub-menus.
- Music Finder: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
- Quick record: To record a song, just press the Record button. Recording starts as soon as you start playing the keyboard and will record everything you play – the Style, Left & Layer Voices and Multi pads – or a single track.
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each section of a Style (4 per style). Can be set to change automatically or you can select one of the four buttons. For example, on a jazz style, one OTS might be piano, the next jazz guitar with a little echo, the third sax with reverb and the forth might be piano and vibes layered.
- Multi Pads: These four buttons change to match the genre of each Style (or you can change them yourself) and can be used to play a number of short pre-recorded rhythmic and melodic sequences that can be used to add impact and variety to your keyboard playing. Translation: MIDI-Loops.
- Built-in Help: Help messages give you explanations and descriptions of the main functions and features found in the keyboard. Language choices include English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish or Italian.
- Demo: In addition to the main demos showing some of the more advanced features found in the keyboard, there is also a short demo for every sound.
- Mixing Console: To change voices, adjust levels, panning, transpose, tuning, pitch bend and effects on various tracks or parts that you play, simply press the Mixing Console button and make adjustments using graphical representations of rotary pots and faders.
- Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save banks of eight registrations to User memory, SmartMedia or USB device. The eight Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- Performance assistant technology: Guarantees that you can't play a wrong note. Here's how it works. Select an XF compatible song, press the Performance Assistant button and every note you play will fit the music. If you move up the keyboard, the pitch goes up. If you move down, the pitch goes down. Play a perfect arpeggio, or play chords in time with the music, or really go for it and play a solo. As long as performance assistant is "on", you're "on".
|CD-ROM with File Utility Software and USB Drivers|
|MH200||Headset with built-in Microphone|
Audio & Video
|Weight||Weight||11kg (24lbs., 4oz.)|
|Keyboard||Number of Keys||61|
|Other Controllers||Pitch Bend||Yes|
|Display||Type||Full Dot LCD|
|Size||320 x 240 dots|
|Score Display Function||Yes|
|Lyrics Display Function||Yes|
|Language||English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian|
|Tone Generation||Tone Generating Technology||AWM Stereo Sampling|
|Polyphony||Number of Polyphony (Max.)||128|
|Preset||Number of Voices||349 + 480 XG + GM2 (+ GS Voices for GS Song playback)|
|Featured Voices||10 Mega Voices, 14 Sweet! Voices, 18 Cool! Voices, 19 Live! Voices, 10 Organ Flutes!|
|Custom||Sound Creator/Voice Set||Yes|
|Types||Reverb||34 Preset + 3 User|
|Chorus||29 Preset + 3 User|
|DSP||DSP 1 : 183 Preset + 3 User, DSP 2–4 : 106 Preset + 10 User|
|Master EQ||5 Preset + 2 User|
|Part EQ||28 Parts|
|Functions||Dual/Layers||Voice layer (RIGHT 1,2)|
|Accompany Style Related||Vocal Harmony||61 Preset + 10 User|
|Preset||Number of Preset Styles||240|
|Featured Styles||217 Pro Styles, 23 Session Styels, + MegaVoice Styles (used by preset styles)|
|Fingering||Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard|
|Style Control||INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3|
|Other Features||Music Finder||Yes|
|One Touch Setting (OTS)||4 for each Style|
|Preset||Number of Preset Songs||5|
|Recording||Number of Songs||Unlimited (depending on the storage media's capacity)|
|Number of Tracks||16|
|Recording Function||Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording|
|Compatible Data Format||Playback||SMF (Format 0 & 1), ESEQ, XF, Style File|
|Recording||SMF (Format 0)|
|Registration||Number of Buttons||8 x unlimited banks (depending on the storage media's capacity)|
|Control||Regist. Sequence, Freeze|
|Lesson/Guide||Lesson/Guide||Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Vocal CueTIME|
|Performance Assistant Technology (PAT)||Yes|
|Tempo Range||5 - 500, Tap Tempo|
|Scale Type||9 presets|
Storage and Connectivity
|External Drives||Optional USB Flash Memory, USB Hard Disk Drive, etc. (via USB to DEVICE)|
|Connectivity||DC IN||DC IN 16V|
|AUX IN||(R, L/L+R)|
|AUX OUT||LEVEL FIXED (R, L/L+R)|
|AUX Pedal||(optional) Switch or Volume x 2|
|LINE OUT||(R, L/L+R)|
|USB TO DEVICE||x 1|
|USB TO HOST||Yes|
Amplifiers and Speakers
|Amplifiers||12W x 2|
|Speakers||(12cm + 4cm (dome)) x 2|
|Power Supply||Adaptor (PA-300)|
|Included Accessories||Music Rest||Yes|
|Internet Direct Connection ( IDC )||Yes|