88.2 / 96kHz Mode (Effects and ADAT I/O)
Optimized support for new mixers DM2000, 02R96, DM1000, 01V96, PM5D* and more
Backward compatibility AW4416, AW2816 (Up to 48kHz operation )
Capability to add new plug-in effects offered b...
- 88.2 / 96kHz Mode (Effects and ADAT I/O)
- Optimized support for new mixers DM2000, 02R96, DM1000, 01V96, PM5D* and more
- Backward compatibility AW4416, AW2816 (Up to 48kHz operation )
- Capability to add new plug-in effects offered by web download
The Y96K is a high performance DSP card that adds Waves' world renowned signal processors to compatible Yamaha digital consoles and workstations. Waves is the quality standard for thousands of top industry professionals and the Y96K makes this technology available to Yamaha users by combining the best of hardware and software technologies. With the Y96K there is no longer any reason for hardware users to be envious of computer based plug-in effects. The interface design uses the same innovative user interface concepts familiar to Waves users.
Slide the Y96K card into a mini-YGDAI slot found on the Yamaha host model, and a whole new world of signal processing becomes available either for music production or live mixing. The Y96K processor package contains many of WAVES' "greatest hits", including Waves Renaissance Compressor and EQ, TrueVerb reverb, L1 Ultramaximizer, SuperTap delay, and DeEsser. These processors are all available in addition to your on-board effects. What's more, the following additional processors are scheduled to be released for Y96K in 4Q 2004; L2- Ultramazimizer, Renaissance Vox, Renaissance Bass, with more to follow later. Y96K users can purchase these new plug-in effects from Waves site by download.
The Y96K Card Hardware
- How many effects can you do? At 44.1kHz each card supports about 20 L1
processes or a combination L1 with other processors as configured by the user.
- Each card supports up to eight (at 44.1/48kHz) or four (at 88.2/96kHz) chains of effects.
- Each card supports up to eight (at 44.1/48kHz) or four (at 88.2/96kHz) channels of ADAT I/O.
- Each chain can be individually controlled as stereo/mono, to/from your mixer and to/from ADAT I/O.
- Each effect chain supports up to five (5) different effect functions.
- The order of the effects is individually controllable and multiple instances of effects are supported.
- Familiar control via Waves interfaces. All processing is supported with 48-bit internal precision on a 24-bit I/O.
- Provides seamless integration into the host mixer user interface.
- The Y96K supports the host mixer's snapshot automation, allowing for effect chains and effect settings to be changed or loaded in the mix.
The world's most popular digital limiter
Full variable control over threshold, release time and absolute ceiling. Real time monitoring view of input, attenuation, and output. IDR™ bit depth quantization, dithering, and noise shaping engine.
Vintage equalizer for rich and clear equalization
6-band paragraphic equalizer.
Full variable control over each band's gain, center frequency, and Q.
Highpass, lowpass, bell, and shelving filter curves.
Intuitive view of equalization curve.
Vintage sound compressor with ARC™ auto-release
Full variable control over threshold, compression ratio, gain/makeup, and compressor attack and release time.
Manual or auto release ARC selection.
Opto/Electro, Warm/Smooth mode selection. Real time monitoring view of input, attenuation, and output.
A full-featured stereo delay with up to one second of delay per channel
Independent gain, rotation and filtering setting on each tap.
Modulation and feedback controls, including modulation rate and depth.
BPM related grid positioning of delay taps.
Intuitive view of tap positions in space and time.
One of the best room emulations in existence with exclusive distance control
Full reverberation and room emulation parameters allowing accurate control over both source positioning and room coloration.
Individual gain controls for the direct source, early reflections and reverb supporting precision mixing.
Intuitive view of reverb and early reflection parameters in both time and frequency.
Precision high frequency dynamics processor, modeled after vintage gear for fast and easy de-essing and HF limiting
Full variable control over threshold and frequency.
Real time monitoring view of input, attenuation, and output.
Audio monitoring selection of output or attenuated frequency band allowing for precision control.