The 4200 Concert series timpani are ideal for middle school and high school band, orchestra, percussion ensemble, and marching band. With its sharp appearance, great sound, and value, the 4200 Series allows the performer to play a wide variety of repertoire while projecting pure, resonant sound. The FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) bowls ensure pristine projection of tone and resonance while being accessible to more people because of its lower price point.
The 4200 Concert series boasts many of the same features as the Symphonic series with the exception of the freely suspended bowl and the PAC (Pedal Adjustment Clutch). The similarity of features between the Concert and Symphonic series allow the beginning or intermediate player to adjust with ease to the more advanced timpani series as they progress towards higher levels of performance. In addition to its exceptional sound quality and value, the 4200 Concert series boasts many features that allow the performer to play in their most natural and comfortable position. The recessed or sunken rod ears in the rim stays out of the performer's way, especially during sweeping motions. The cable-linked tuning gauge with letter and accidental indicators increase the performer's tuning accuracy, provides convenient tuning changes, and lends effective visual ear training for the beginning performer. The Teflon tape on the bearing edge ensures quiet tuning.
The 4200 Concert series provides convenient transport. Heavy-duty four inch locking casters provide durable mobility and ensure the timpani will not roll during performance. A reinforced third-wheel attachment assures a secure hold during transport.
Whether it's the quality sound, reasonable price, or sharp appearance, the 4200 Concert series is a great choice for middle school and high school performers.
4200 Standard Series Timpani
FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) bowls ensure pristine projection of pure, resonant tone, allowing the 4200 Standard Series timpani to cover a wide variety of repertoire.
Similarity of features between the 4200 and 6200 (professional) series allo...
4200 Standard Series Timpani
- FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) bowls ensure pristine projection of pure, resonant tone, allowing the 4200 Standard Series timpani to cover a wide variety of repertoire.
- Similarity of features between the 4200 and 6200 (professional) series allow the beginning or intermediate player to adjust with ease to more advanced timpani series as they progress
- Weather King hazy head with aluminum insert ring offers increased dynamic range and sustain
- Recessed rod ears in rim keep the tension rod heads well out of the way of sweeping motions during play and cradle the timpani key for solid adjustments
- Letter and accidental indicators provide more visual tuning accuracy
- Enclosed housing on tuning gauge increases durability and maintains smooth movement of the pointer.
- Black rim and tuning gauge reduce glare from lights and the sun while complementing black hardware.
- Heavy-duty 4 inch locking casters provide easier mobility.
- Reinforced third wheel attachment gives secure hold during transport.
- Teflon tape on bearing edge provides whisper quiet tuning.
- Cable-linked tuning gauge in matte black tuning gauge comes standard on all timpani
|Timpani head||REMO Weather King with aluminum insert ring|
|Tuning key||TK-40 timpani tuning key.|
|Timpani heads||REMO hazy Mylar heads and Renaissance heads are available as replacements|
Audio & Video
|Model Names and Sizes||TP-4223 (23") / TP-4226 (26") / TP-4229 (29") / TP-4232 (32")|
|Bowls||Made from FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic).|
|Heads||REMO Weather King hazy head with aluminum insert ring|
|Balanced Action Spring Mechanism||Maintains proper balance between head and pedal tension.|
|Ranges||TP-3123 (C28 - Ab36) / TP-3126 (A25 - F33) / TP-3129 (F18 - Db29) / TP-3132 (D18 - Bb26)|
|Struts||TP-4223 (6) / TP-4226 (6) / TP-4229 (8) / TP-4232 (8)|
|Tuning Rods||Ultra-thick tuning rods improve tone characteristics|
|Weight||TP-4223 (57 lbs.) / TP-4226 (75 lbs.) / TP-4229 (84 lbs.) / TP-4232 (88 lbs.)|