MX12/ 6, 20/ 6 Mixing Consoles
While retaining the solid performance and features found in our highly regarded MX12/4 mixing consoles, the new MX12/6 and MX20/6 mixers offer some refinements that deliver greater flexibility and performance. The 12-channel MX12/6 offers the same number...
MX12/ 6, 20/ 6 Mixing Consoles
While retaining the solid performance and features found in our highly regarded MX12/4 mixing consoles, the new MX12/6 and MX20/6 mixers offer some refinements that deliver greater flexibility and performance. The 12-channel MX12/6 offers the same number of input channels as the MX12/4 while the MX20/6 offers 20-channels. Both units supply 6 (4 Groups and ST) bus outputs for greater signal routing flexibility than before. Other refinements include an additional AUX bus plus CH to ST assign switches. The digital effects section has been greatly improved in both quality and the number of effects while a 100mm ST master fader has been added for more precise control. All told these mixing consoles deliver professional sound quality and control versatility in compact, lightweight, easy to transport units. And they deliver that performance at an amazingly affordable price.
To start with the cleanest, quietest signal possible, both mixers feature the same exceptionally clean, high quality head amplifiers as found in the MX12/4. Monaural channel inputs feature both mic level XLR-type connectors and line level balanced TRS phone jacks. Stereo input channels are now equipped with both unbalanced phone type jacks and RCA phono jacks. The MX12/6 provides 8 monaural input channels (CH 1-8) and two stereo input channels (CH 9/10, 11/12) while the MX20/6 supplies 16 monaural input channels (CH 1-16) and two stereo input channels (CH 17/18, 19/20).
Six Bus Outputs and Bus Switches
The MX12/6 and MX20/6 are equipped with four GROUP and STEREO outputs for a total of six output buses. Each input channel is equipped with three bus assign switches that allows routing of the signal to GROUP 1/2, 3/4 and/or ST outputs for greater flexibility. Additionally, a TO ST assign switch on the GROUP 1/2 and 3/4 faders routes the signal to the stereo bus when engaged, or keeps the signal independent of the stereo out signal.
3 AUX Sends
Hard to find in this price range, the MX12/6 and MX20/6 feature 3 AUX sends for extended signal routing. Auxiliary sends include a pre-fader AUX 1 Send, selectable pre/post fader AUX 2 Send and an EFFECT Send which can be used to send the signal to the internal Digital Effects section or an external effector.
Both models are equipped with a new 100mm stereo fader for easier use and greater control over the stereo out signal level.
16 Digital Effects
To add a professional touch to the mix, the units feature an upgraded digital effects section that includes 16 high quality effects. Switches allow the selected effect to be applied to the AUX 1, AUX 2 and/or Stereo output signals. The effects section also is equipped with a variable parameter knob to control a parameter (reverb time, room size, etc.) of the selected effect.
- 7-Band EQ provides additional processing for detailed overall response shaping of the main stereo signal.
- +48V Phantom power is supplied to monaural input channels and controlled with a single switch (CH 1-8) on the MX12/6 and two switches (CH 1- 8 & 9-16) on the MX20/6. An LED (two on the MX20/6) lets the user know if power is supplied or not.
- Insert I/O jacks are supplied on channels 1-4 of the MX12/6 and channels 1-8 of the MX20/6. These jacks can also be used as direct out jacks.
- C-R/PHONES jack delivers quality audio and can be used as a monitor out jack for additional monitoring.
- TAPE IN and REC OUT jacks offer easy connection of a tape deck for playback and recording.
- The MONO OUT jack (balanced XLR) has its own control, independent of the ST fader.
- A light attachment on the main panel of both mixers allows attachment of an optional BNC type lamp.
- All switches are two tone colored for easy recognition of the switch's position.
- Newly designed rotary knobs feel better to the touch.
- The MX12/6 is rack mountable with the optional RK124 Rack Ears.
|RK124||Rack Mount Kit for MX12/6|