The PSR-OR700 Arranger Workstation from Yamaha features some very cool content, dedicated "Scale Setting" panel buttons for on-the-fly scale tuning, MegaVoice and Modeling Technology, and USB jack for connecting peripheral storage devices. The keyboard has 61 touch-sensitive keys, 96-note polyphony, 314 accompaniment Styles featuring 146 special World Styles, large screen, a special selection of World Voices and 22 Drum Kits. See a quick overview video here.
PSR-OR700 Main Features
Step-up features on PSR-S900(next Model up)
Scale Setting panel buttons
USB MIDI & USB storage
|PSR-OR700 Main Features||Step-up features on PSR-S900
(next Model up)
Scale Setting Panel Buttons
The PSR-OR700 has an intuitive control section located on the left side of the panel for changing tuning on the fly. Designed to be incredibly flexible, the player simply presses one or more tuning buttons to, for example, lower that note a quarter tone. Below the tuning buttons are memory buttons for instant recall of the player's favorite or most used tuning settings.
First introduced in Tyros, MegaVoice brings a new level of realism to the PSR-OR700 keyboard. The MegaVoices feature various playing techniques and performance sounds – such as finger slides and fret noise on guitar Voices – designed specifically to enhance playback of the built-in Styles. Simply hold down a chord while you play, and enjoy some of the most astonishingly realist, expressive accompaniment you've ever heard.
The PSR-OR700 has 2 USB ports on the back, USB TO HOST and USB to DEVICE.
- USB to HOST is plug and play simple for recording and playing back MIDI files from your computer.
- PSR-OR700 Compact Flash USB to DEVICE is for connecting optional peripheral USB devices like floppy disk drives, thumb drives and hard drives for storing data like song and Style files.
Large 5.7" QVGA screen
Bigger screens convey more information. The screen on the PSR-OR700 is able to show you mixer settings at a glance, the chords you are playing, what sounds are on the right and left side of the keyboard, what Style or MIDI file is currently playing, virtual drawbars, score and lyrics. The bottom line is that since it's your window into how the music is being created, you might as well make it a big one.
Virtual Drawbar Organ
For that great vintage organ sound, the Organ Flutes on the PSR-OR700 use Modeling Technology – independently oscillating voices to simulate the rotating tone generation wheels found in classic organs. In true Yamaha fashion, you can select the organ type, control nine virtual drawbars, rotary speed and type, percussive attack and length and vibrato on/off, depth and speed. Then, save your settings and recall your favorite organ voices with one button push.
Ease of operation
There are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day you own it.
- Direct Access button : Press this button and the parameter you would like to adjust, for example pitch bend, and the LCD screen instantly goes there. Saves wading through menus and sub-menus.
- Music Finder : Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
- Quick record : To record a song, just press the Record button. Recording starts as soon as you start playing the keyboard and will record everything you play ? the Style, Left & Layer Voices and Multi pads ? or a single track.
- One Touch Setting (OTS) : Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each section of a Style (4 per style). Can be set to change automatically or you can select one of the four buttons. For example, on a jazz style, one OTS might be piano, the next jazz guitar with a little echo, the third sax with reverb and the forth might be piano and vibes layered.
- Multi Pads : These four buttons change to match the genre of each Style (or you can change them yourself) and can be used to play a number of short pre-recorded rhythmic and melodic sequences that can be used to add impact and variety to your keyboard playing. Translation: MIDI-Loops.
- Demo : In addition to the main demos showing some of the more advanced features found in the keyboard, there is also a short demo for every sound.
- Mixing Console : To change voices, adjust levels, panning, transpose, tuning, pitch bend and effects on various tracks or parts that you play, simply press the Mixing Console button and make adjustments using graphical representations of rotary pots and faders.
- Registration Memory : Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save banks of eight registrations to User memory, SmartMedia or USB device. The eight Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- Performance assistant technology : Guarantees that you can't play a wrong note. Here's how it works. Select an XF compatible song, press the Performance Assistant button and every note you play will fit the music. If you move up the keyboard, the pitch goes up. If you move down, the pitch goes down. Play a perfect arpeggio, or play chords in time with the music, or really go for it and play a solo. As long as performance assistant is "on", you're "on".
Starting at the upper left, connectivity ports include the following:
- USB to DEVICE
- USB to HOST
- MIDI In/Out
- Foot Pedal 1/2
- DC IN (PA-300 Adapter included)
- 1/4" R/L Output Jacks
- 1/4" R/L AUX IN Jacks
A Keyboard with more Style
The PSR-OR700 features Styles (accompaniment patterns) in a variety of Western musical genres including Rock, Dance, Jazz, Latin, and World genres like Arabic, Maghrebi, Khaligi, Iranian, Turkish and Greek. As you play chords with your left hand, the selected Style will automatically provide drums, bass, guitar, strings, organ and other relevant musical instrument parts. This is live playing at its best.
Dynamic Voices and effects
A keyboard can only sound as good as the speakers that reproduce its sound. The stereo speaker system in the PSR-OR700 has been specially designed to faithfully reproduce the powerful dynamics and subtle overtones of the onboard voices and music styles. The keyboard comes with 862 Voices, is 96-note polyphonic and has 4 Effects blocks plus Reverb and Chorus. Additional sound features include a selection of special samples called MegaVoice, Sweet!, Live! and Cool! voices.
- MegaVoices bring incredible realism to the built-in accompaniment
- Sweet! voices reproduce all the natural expression and vibrato of their respective acoustic instruments
- Cool! voices feature long samples of electronically amplified instruments
- Live! voices use stereo samples to ensure the most accurate reproduction of each instrument's natural presence, resonance and vibrato
The PSR-OR700 is compatible with commercially available song/style data including:
- GM - General MIDI
- GM2 - General MIDI 2
- XG - Yamaha extended Voice set
- GS - for GS song playback
- DOC - Yamaha Disk Orchestra Collection
- SMF with lyrics - Standard MIDI File
- KAR - Karaoke files
- XF - Songs with lyrics and/or chords
- SFF - Yamaha style files
Audio & Video
|Weight||Weight||11.5 kg (25 lbs., 5 5/8 oz)|
|Keyboard||Number of Keys||61|
|Other Controllers||Pitch Bend||Yes|
|Display||Type||Full Dot LCD|
|Size||320 x 240 dots|
|Score Display Function||Yes|
|Lyrics Display Function||Yes|
|Language||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian|
|Tone Generation||Tone Generating Technology||AWM Stereo Sampling|
|Polyphony||Number of Polyphony (Max.)||96|
|Preset||Number of Voices||360 Voices + 22Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices + GM2 + GS (for GS Song Playback)|
|Featured Voices||43 Oriental Voices, 6 Oriental Drum Kits, 10 Mega Voices, 11 Sweet! Voices, 18 Cool! Voices, 14 Live! Voice, 10 Organ Flutes!|
|Custom||Sound Creator/Voice Set||Yes|
|Types||Reverb||34 Preset + 3 User|
|Chorus||29 Preset + 3 User|
|DSP||DSP 1 : 191 Preset + 3 User, DSP 2–4 : 106 Preset + 10 User|
|Master EQ||5 Preset + 2 User|
|Part EQ||28 Parts|
|Functions||Dual/Layers||Voice layer (RIGHT 1,2)|
|Preset||Number of Preset Styles||314|
|Featured Styles||146 Oriental Styles + MegaVoice Styles (used by preset styles)|
|Fingering||Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard|
|Style Control||INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3|
|Other Features||Music Finder||Yes|
|One Touch Setting (OTS)||4 for each Style|
|Preset||Number of Preset Songs||5|
|Recording||Number of Songs||Unlimited (depending on the storage media's capacity)|
|Number of Tracks||16|
|Recording Function||Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording|
|Compatible Data Format||Playback||SMF (Format 0 & 1), ESEQ, XF, Style File|
|Recording||SMF (Format 0)|
|Registration||Number of Buttons||8 x unlimited banks (depending on the storage media's capacity)|
|Control||Regist. Sequence, Freeze|
|Lesson/Guide||Lesson/Guide||Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key|
|Performance Assistant Technology (PAT)||Yes|
|Tempo Range||5 - 500, Tap Tempo|
|Scale Type||9 presets|
|Number of Scale Keys||12|
|Number of Scale Memory Buttons||6|
Storage and Connectivity
|External Drives||Optional USB Flash Memory, USB Hard Disk Drive, etc. (via USB to DEVICE)|
|Connectivity||DC IN||DC IN 16V|
|AUX IN||(L/L+R, R)|
|AUX Pedal||(optional) Switch or Volume x 2|
|LINE OUT||(R, L/L+R)|
|USB TO DEVICE||Yes|
|USB TO HOST||Yes|
Amplifiers and Speakers
|Amplifiers||12W x 2|
|Speakers||(12cm + 5cm) x 2|
|Power Supply||Adaptor (PA-300/PA-300B)|
|Included Accessories||Music Rest||Yes|