Exclusive Yamaha tuning method ensures true pitch and full sound.
Acoustalon™ bars, produced from fiberglass reinforced plastic in a one-step manufacturing process, provide exceptional durability and a pure tone; the scientifically designed Sonic To...
- Exclusive Yamaha tuning method ensures true pitch and full sound.
- Acoustalon™ bars, produced from fiberglass reinforced plastic in a one-step manufacturing process, provide exceptional durability and a pure tone; the scientifically designed Sonic Tone Holes produced in this process give Acoustalon™ bars a tone similar to rosewood.
- Resonators feature a cut-away design to reduce overall instrument weight and a 2-tracking system that allows resonator height adjustment for pitch and tone control.
- Graduated tone bars, a professional feature, promote full tone quality and projection.
- Height adjustable frame with pneumatic struts allows one person to easily adjust the height to a comfortable playing position.
- Lower crossbar support helps to ensure the integrity and life of the contemporary-styled frame.
- 1 1/2" square piping on three sides of the instrument is included for mounting accessories.
- Hinged resonators and rails, along with a two-piece crossbar, make tear down a simple task.
- Oversized casters allow for easy movement of the instrument. Two casters lock on the player's side; the locks, which are easy to reach, secure the instrument during playing.
Audio & Video
|Range||4 1/2 octaves, F21-C76|
|Bars||Acoustalon™ with Sonic Tone Hole|
|Bar Sizes||Graduating from 1 1/2" – 2 1/5" x 7/8 thick"|
|Resonators||Brushed tan finish with cutaway design, 2-position tracking system|
|Height Adjustable||Height adjustable from 36" – 42"|
|Dimensions||78" x 34 1/4"|
|Pitch||A=442Hz (other pitches available by special order)|
|Weight||134 1/2 lbs|
|Wheels||Oversized 6" casters, two locking|
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to move
- Easy to play
- Great sound
- Nice Deep Sound
- No Bars Wacking
Comments about Yamaha ymrd-2900a:
I play the marimba in my High School band. We have Adams rosewood and many Yamaha's but out of all of them, this is my personal favorite. This Marimba sounds great with any mallets. I prefer medium-soft. I practice on this marimba every morning and it has never disapointed me. It sounds beautiful from the low note all the way to the top.
- Was this a gift?: