The Berlin Symphonic Series Concert Snare Drums were designed in conjunction with Franz Schindlbeck of the Berlin Philharmonic and the Yamaha Frankfurt Percussion Atelier. Available in 14" x 5" and 14" x 6.5" configurations, both drums have been pain...
- The Berlin Symphonic Series Concert Snare Drums were designed in conjunction with Franz Schindlbeck of the Berlin Philharmonic and the Yamaha Frankfurt Percussion Atelier. Available in 14" x 5" and 14" x 6.5" configurations, both drums have been painstakingly designed and constructed to achieve a uniquely dark yet versatile sound with exceptional response and projection.
- The BCS 3-10-3 strand nylon-coated stainless steel straight cable configuration provides response at all dynamic levels. The 10 inner cables provide a full snare sound at all levels up to ffff while the 6 outer strands provide precise snare response at all levels down to pppp
- Shallow 1.8mm Snare Bed provides even snare response at all dynamic levels
- Silent K-type Strainer produces zero noise with smooth action for silent, effortless snare engagement
- Honey-lug casings allow maximum shell resonance and provide a unique look
- 6-ply maple shells feature a 6-ply, 14" design with Remo Renaissance Diplomat heads for a warm, colorful tone and a wide dynamic range
- The unique 30º/45º Double-cut bearing edge allows the middle ply to vibrate first so the entire shell vibrates faster. This results in a more focused tone
|Hand-Held Percussion||Compact instruments that share Yamaha quality and consistency|
|Snare Mute||Simple, effective concert snare drum mute|
|Snare Drum Stands||Lightweight and heavyweight concert snare drum stands|
|Snare Drum Cases||Protective cases for concert series snare drums|
|Size||14" X 5"|
|Bearing Edge||30° / 45° Double-cut|
|Snare Bed||Deep 3.5 mm|
|Lugs||8 - Separate Honey-type lug Hoops|
|Hoops||3 mm Aluminum Die-Cast|
|Snares||Berlin Combination Snare System Coated Stainless Steel Straight Configuration 3-10-3|
|Top Head||14" REMO Renaissance Diplomat (Included)|
|Bottom Head||14" REMO Snare Diplomat (Included)|
- Barry Larkin: "Traditional Grip: The Other Percussion Embouchure" [English / 294KB]
- Jim Petercsak: "Concert Percussion Instrumentation - Equipment Recommendations" [English / 294KB]
- Percussion Tips - Beck H [English / 162KB]
- Percussion Tips - Cirone [English / 262KB]
- Percussion Tips - Delucia 2 [English / 366KB]
- BSM-1450 Parts Diagram [English / 231KB]
- More Downloads
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Crisp Sound
- Tuning Can Be Challenge
- Solo Concert Snare
Comments about Yamaha bsm1450:
This is a beautiful drum that speaks well at all dynamic levels. The snare wires really create an articulate and crisp sound. This can be a double edged sword because flaws can be very exposed.
The BSM-1450 has been slightly difficult to tune. It took a good amount of time to find the right tuning structure to make the drum sing to its full potential.
Overall this is a fantastic drum that is great for etudes and solo concert snare drum performance.
- Was this a gift?: