You want to play when and as you like, without being confined to time or place… Yamaha’s next generation SILENT Brass™ makes it happen. The new SILENT Brass™ consists of a smaller, lighter, free blowing Pickup Mute™, and the Personal Studio™, which features Yamaha’s exclusive Brass Resonance Modeling™. Used together, the two deliver the natural acoustic tone you hear when playing without a mute, making it feel as though you are playing mute free.
The Pickup Mute™ combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, a...
The Pickup Mute™ combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability. A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell. * Please note that the Pickup Mute™ may not fit some instruments with significantly different bell shapes or bell diameters. Please check before purchasing.
Brass Resonance Modeling™
The SILENT Brass™ features Yamaha’s proprietary technology, which uses the modeling of non-muted brass instruments to correct your instrument’s tone when the Pickup Mute™ is in place. The resulting sound is so realistic, it’s hard to tell whether the instrument is muted, or not.
The SILENT Brass™ Offers More Enjoyment
Connect the output from an audio player, smartphone, etc. to the AUX IN jack on the Personal Studio™ and enjoy playing along with your favorite recordings or “minus one” practice aids. The PHONES jack can also be used as an output jack for recording what you play. * Do not use the AUX IN jack when using the PHONES jack as an output jack.
Audio & Video
In some cases, the Pickup Mute™ may not fit instruments that have significantly different bell diameters and/or shapes. Please check before purchasing. The Pickup Mute™ is not compatible with Piccolo Trumpets, Alto (Tenor) Horns, Baritones, Alto Trombones, Bass Trombones and Marching Brass Instruments.
SILENT Brass™ SB7X / Pickup Mute™ PM7X
(for Trumpet and Cornet)
|B♭ Trumpet||YTR-1335(S), YTR-2335(S), YTR-2330(S), YTR-3335(S), YTR-4335G(S), YTR-6335, YTR-6330B, YTR-8335(S)/G(S)/RS/RGS, YTR-8335GH, YTR-9335CHS, YTR-9335NYS, YTR-6310Z(S), YTR-8310Z(S), YTR-8335LA(S), YTR-8340EM, YTR-6345G(S), YTR-850(S)/G(S), YTR-8345(S)/G(S)||✔||✔|
|C Trumpet||YTR-8445(S)/G(S), YTR-9445CHS, YTR-9445NYS||✔||✔|
|E♭/D Trumpet||YTR-6610S, YTR-9610|
|Rotary B♭ Trumpet||YTR-938FFM||✔||✔|
|Rotary C Trumpet||YTR-948FFM||✔||✔|
|B♭ Cornet||YCR-2310, YCR-2330, YCR-4330G(S), YCR-6330(S), YCR-8335(S)/G(S)||✔||✔|
|E♭ Cornet||YCR-2610S, YCR-8620S|
SILENT Brass™ SB6X / Pickup Mute™ PM6X
|Flugelhorn||YFH-8310Z(S), YFH-8315G(S), YFH-631GS, YFH-2310, YFH-436G||✔|
SILENT Brass™ SB5X / Pickup Mute™ PM5X
(for Tenor & Tenor BassTrombone)
|Tenor Trombone||Bell Size 7 1/2"||YSL-897Z||✔||✔|
|Bell Size 8"||YSL-455G, YSL-354, YSL-350C||✔||✔|
|Bell Size 8 1/2"||YSL-445G, YSL-447G, YSL-630||✔||✔|
|Bell Size 8 2/3"||YSL-881/G||✔||✔|
|Tenor Bass Trombone||Bell Size 8"||YSL-456G||✔||✔|
|Bell Size 8 1/2"||YSL-446G, YSL-448G, YSL-620, YSL-640, YSL-820GII, YSL-882V/G||✔||✔|
|Bell Size 8 2/3"||YSL-882/G, YSL882-O/GO, YSL-882OR/GOR||✔||✔|
|Valve Trombone||Bell Size 8"||YSL-354V||✔|
SILENT Brass™ SB3X / Pickup Mute™ PM3X
(for French Horn)
|French Horn||Bell Size MS||YHR-891/D, YHR-892/D, YHR-881/D, YHR-882/D||✔|
|Bell Size M||YHR-567/D/GDB, YHR-314II, YHR-322II, YHR-320, YHR-667/D, YHR-87/D||✔||*|
|Bell Size ML||YHR-667V/VS||✔||✔|
|Bell Size L||YHR-822GD, YHR-832GD, YHR-841GD, YHR-851GD||✔|
|Bell Size LL||YHR-668/DII/N/ND, YHR-868GD||✔||*|
* Except detachable bell
|Dimensions (Diameter x Length)||129 x 220mm (5-1/16" x 8-11/16")|
|Weight||155g (5.5 oz.)|
|Internal Microphone||Electric condenser microphone|
|Pickup Output Jack||Mini phone jack|
|Brass Resonance Modeling™||Yes|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||70 x 20 x 98mm|
|Weight||69g (2.4 oz) without batteries|
|Jacks and Terminals||MUTE IN, AUX IN, PHONES|
|Control||VOL. (volume), Reverb type, Power ON/OFF|
|Brass Resonance Modeling™||Yes (It behaves correctly only when compatible X-series Pickup Mute™ is connected to Personal Studio™.)|
|Power Supply||AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 2 (3V DC)|
|Included Accessories||Cable, Stereo Earphones, Owner’s Manual|
- In some cases, the Pickup Mute™ may not fit instruments that have significantly different bell diameters and/or shapes. Please check before purchasing.
- The Pickup Mute™ is not compatible with Marching Mellophones, Marching French Horns, Alto (Tenor) Horns, or Baritones.
- The SILENT Brass™ mute for Trombone (SB5X) and the Pickup Mute™ (PM5X) are not compatible with Alto Trombones or Bass Trombones.
- SILENT Brass™ mutes for Flugelhorn (SB6X) and Pickup Mute (PM6X) protrudes 3-4 cm from the bell.
- The Pickup Mute™ cannot be stored in the cases of French Horns with detachable bells.
- For information on compatibility with Yamaha brass instruments and cases please refer to the "Compatibility Table".
- Always remove the Pickup Mute™ from the instrument if the instrument is to be stored for an extended period of time.
- The PHONES jack on the Personal Studio™ is for stereo output (do not for use it for mono output). If you want to use the jack as an external output, do not connect anything to the AUX IN jack.
- Please note that Brass Resonance Modeling™ is only available when the STX Personal Studio™ is combined with a PM3X/5X/6X/7X Pickup Mute™. It is not available with any other Personal Studio™ or Pickup Mute™ models.
- AA batteries are not supplied. Please purchase separately.
- SILENT Brass™, Personal Studio™, Pickup Mute™, Brass Resonance Modeling™, and SILENT Brass™ logo are all trademarks owned by the Yamaha Corporation.