The Steinberg North America support team is committed to providing a comprehensive support. We want our customers to not only be successful using our products but to have fun in the process. An important part of any support offer is the contact via email and telephone.
Before getting in contact with us though, we'd like to ask you to check our other online resources for troubleshooting. Often, this helps solving issues even if the support team is not available. Update patches and manuals for our products can be downloaded from our download section. Our Knowledge Base provides detailed answers to frequently asked questions. Many issues can also be solved with the help of other users in our forums.
Requirements for support
- Must be a registered user for the product you are inquiring about.
- Must select "YES" in the data forwarding box in MySteinberg allowing Steinberg North America to view your account. If this box is not checked "YES", Steinberg North America will not be able to see your information and will not be able to provide any technical support!
- In order to answer your question effectively, please describe your machine and the problem with as much detail as possible. Providing detail in your description will allow our specialist to gain a better understanding of your question and ultimately provide a fast and effective response!
- Registering your product is important as it allows us to track the progress of your support cases and to provide better follow up to make sure you are getting the most out of your products.
- The product must be actively supported by us. Please check whether your product is currently supported by us!
How to contact support
Steinberg North America provides free email support. We respond to support requests during the following business hours:
Monday -Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm EST and Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm EST
We will respond to your request within 24-48 hours, and many times much sooner. A "Support Request Form" is available in the MySteinberg area on the left side. Support can only be provided to registered users and thus a log-in or the creation of a new MySteinberg account is required!
Once you have submitted your Support Request Form we will investigate and reply with the appropriate type of response necessary to resolve your case. These solutions can come in many styles:
- Detailed email solutions
- FAQ and templates with images to walk you through a solution
- Desktop remote sessions
- Phone appointments
Phone calls and Remote Desktop sessions will be set up by appointment and call back only!
Your case will remain open until we find a solution to your concerns. Please be sure to put your best contact phone number and email address as well as a good time to reach you. Some email settings are quite sensitive please check to insure any email responses we provide are not automatically being sent to Junk or Spam.