Mastering Audio with New WaveLab 10
The highly anticipated tenth version of the WaveLab audio mastering software now supports video playback, Reference Track, Audio Montage editing enhancements plus many other new features for mastering, editing, restoration and refinement.
WaveLab offers two editions of its award-winning audio mastering software. WaveLab Pro offers a comprehensive feature set that meets all demands of mixing and mastering studios, post-production facilities, sound designers, musicians, journalists, broadcasters and other audio creatives. Used by many musicians, radio journalists and podcasters, WaveLab Elements is a highly cost-effective editing and mastering environment for analyzing, editing and enhancing audio material.
Exclusive Pro featuresWaveLab 10 offers several tools and enhancements that are exclusive to the Pro edition, such as allowing users to integrate external effect devices into the signal flow by providing more flexible ways to integrate external hardware effects. New to WaveLab Pro is also Reference Track for adding a reference audio file and then toggling between the reference audio file and other tracks. WaveLab Pro now also opens up to other audio editors, providing users the option to access and modify audio with other editors like SpectraLayers from within WaveLab. Highlights of Audio Montage include the support of multitrack recording and non-destructive inline editing. WaveLab Pro 10 also records and renders live input streams through the Master Section and the inserted plug-in chain.
Covering common groundBoth Pro and Elements versions now offer video playback support, letting users arrange, edit and process the audio of video within Audio Montage. The Audio Editor now includes undo/redo edit history in order for users to move from one edit to the next and recover previous versions of edited part without losing the changes made to the rest of the audio. The former Effect Tool Windows has been redesigned and renamed the Montage Inspector, making it easier to use. The track list in the Audio Montage has also witnessed an overhaul, with several improvements to the user interface. Due to the enhanced audio I/O routing provided in WaveLab 10, the audio connections settings dialog has also been renewed.
The many other featuresThere are many more feature additions to WaveLab 10, making this major update move further ahead.
- Import markers from XML files (Pro only)
- Move markers to their nearest zero cross position (Pro only)
- Increased number of effects and playback processing slots in the Master section (Pro only)
- New Follow Playback control in the Marker window of the Audio Editor and Audio Montage
- New performance monitoring meter in the transport bar (Pro and Elements)
- Offset information now available in fade out tool-tip (Pro and Elements)
- Additional Riff meta data now available (Pro only)
- CD Tool Window now displays CD album title (Pro only)
- Option to remove all batch processor plug-ins from a chain at once (Pro only)
- Enhanced preview in File Browser
- Real-time rendering with audition
- Improved third-party VST plug-in support (Pro and Elements)
- Improved playback performance (Pro and Elements)
Availability and pricingThe WaveLab Pro 10 and WaveLab Elements 10 full retail versions are available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for WaveLab Pro 10 is US $499.99; the download version is US $472.00. Until December 31, 2019, the introductory price for WaveLab Pro 10 is US $377.60. The suggested retail price for WaveLab Elements 10 is US $99.99.
Various downloadable updates and upgrades are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated WaveLab 9.5 or earlier versions of WaveLab since September 17, 2019, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest corresponding version.
- Video playback support to arrange, edit and process the audio of a video file in synchronization with the visuals.
- Extended external effects support for integrating external effect devices into the WaveLab signal flow via external FX buses (Pro only).
- Reference Track for adding a reference audio file to the Audio Montage, allowing switching between it and the audio files being worked on (Pro only).
- External editor support for integrating other audio editors into the WaveLab workflow, allowing clips to be modified in those applications from within the WaveLab session (Pro only).
- Undo/Redo History is a completely new undo/redo edit history system, also now available for the first time in the Audio Editor workspace.
- Multitrack recording in the Audio Montage (Pro only).
- Audio Montage Inspector and track list overhaul which delivers user interface improvements in the Audio Montage window, with dedicated controls for audio, reference and video tracks.
- Audio Montage Inline Editing allows complete clips to be opened from within the Audio Montage and non-destructively edited in the Waveform Editor or Spectrum Editor (Pro only).
- Live input stream recording which lets as many audio streams as the input device/system can handle be recorded/rendered through the Master section and inserted plug-in chain (Pro only).
- Further improvements including an enhanced audio settings dialog; Marker list and CD list follow playback indicator; import markers from XML files (Pro only); more effects and playback processing in the Master section (Pro only); performance monitor; CD album display in the CD Tool window; real-time rendering with audition; improved third-party VST plug-in support; improved playback and more.