TF5/3/1 TF-RACK Firmware V4.50-2
[Notice: Checking the version number]
You may check the TF main firmware version number from the version field in the About screen of the SETUP screen.
TF Series Firmware/Editor Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of Editor software which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Firmware/Editor and other related software combination may result in unexpected behavior.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
Additional Functions (V4.50-2)
- Now supports NY64-D V1.0.5. Solved a rare problem in which NY64-D interfered with TCP communication of other networked devices when used together with a DHCP server and those devices were rebooted.
- Added support for SMPTE mode* (ST2110-30 clocking) in Dante Domain Manager (DDM). Please note, once a Dante device is enrolled in DDM, various device settings cannot be altered, including Word Clock, Preferred Leader and Latency settings. To alter such setting using the console, the Dante device must first be un-enrolled from the Domain and then use Dante Controller to ‘Clear Domain Credentials’
*With SMPTE mode enabled in DDM, the domain is configured for SMPTE ST2110-30 clocking, enabling audio interoperability between Dante and non-Dante SMPTE devices.
- Since the firmware itself of TF consoles and TF-RACK remains unchanged from V4.50, In the case that TF firmware is already V4.50, TF does not need to be updated additionally.
Additional Functions (V4.50)
- Added Audix mic presets to the QuickPro Presets for the Channel Library.
After updating the TF device to this version, execute "Initialize All Memory" to add these to the library list.
Specification Changes (V4.50)
- USB outputs 1 / 2 of the USB TO HOST terminal can now be sourced from STEREO L / R and MATRIX Output channels, in addition to Ch1 / 2 Direct Out. This selection can be made via the [Setup>Preferences>Others] menu. This gives TF devices the flexibility to easily interface with live streaming and teleconference applications via USB.
Fixed bugs (V4.50)
- Solved a problem in which the [TOUCH AND TURN] encoder might behave as if pressed and rotated when rotating the encoder at high speed.
Fixed Bugs (V4.02)
- Solved the problem in which the recall safe status would not be updated when loading a settings file (.TFF file) to version 4.00/4.01 of the TF5/F3/TF1/TF-RACK or version 4.00 of the TF Editor.
Fixed Bugs (V4.01)
- Solved the problem in which tapping on the [TAP] key of TF-RACK does not set a delay time for any effects.
Additional Functions (V4.00)
- The Selected Channel section has been added to the OVERVIEW screen, allowing you to edit sounds for each channel in a single screen. To display the Selected Channel section, set the “Selected Channel” of the [HOME] key function in the PREFERENCE screen to ON.
- Added the FADE TIME function for Scene.
Though the TF5/TF3/TF1’s faders and screen operation during Scene recall may not follow the internal parameters properly, the actual sound output (level) correctly follows the internal parameters.
- Added MUTE GROUP 3 to MUTE GROUP 6 to which channels are freely assignable. To assign channels, use the MUTE GROUP ASSIGN screen of the SETUP screen, or the ASSIGN screen of each channel.
- The “ON” and “Fader” parameters for the recall safe function can now be set individually.
- Added Copy/Paste to the menu of the SEND FROM screen, to copy/paste the SEND level for the AUX/MATRIX/SUB channels.
- Added CH Copy with Sends/CH Paste with Sends to the menu of the AUX/MATRIX/SUB channels.
- Added the Group Bypass function to the AUTOMIXER screen.
- Added the following functions to the PREFERENCE screen.
- Added the [SEND SEL]>[CUE] Link option to the Auto Channel Select section. Set it to OFF to disable the previous function, which interlocks the SENDS ON FADER key selection and the Send master CUE.
- Added the Key Function section.
- Added the “Selected Channel” option to the [HOME] Key.
- Added assignable functions to the USER DEFINED KEYS and the FOOT SWITCH.
- Group Bypass and Channel ON/OFF for the Automixer
- MUTE GROUP 3 to MUTE GROUP 6 for the Mute Master
- Added the Channel Delay function to the ST IN 1/2 channels.
- Added the Mute control for the DZR-D series/DXS-XLF-D series connected by the Quick Config function to the SLOT SETUP screen. To use this function, use the DZR-D series/DXS-XLF-D series version 1.1.2 or later. In addition, update all the TF series connected to the same Dante network to version 4.00 or later.
- Added the function in which pressing and holding the [SHIFT] key sets the gain of the selected band to nominal (0.0 dB) in the EQ and GEQ.
- Added the function which switches the operation target of the [TOUCH AND TURN] knob between the Gain and Frequency in the GEQ. To switch the target, press the [SHIFT] key or press the [TOUCH AND TURN] knob.
- Added new Presets to the Channel Library. Also, some previous Presets have been modified.
To enable the new Presets, execute “Initialize All Memory” after updating.
Specification Changes (V4.00)
- Changed the top panel’s [ON] key operation when the Mute Group Master is ON.
- In the RECORDER screen, changed the limitation for the number of audio files in a folder to 150 files. If existing files (including folders) total more than 150, files and folders exceeding the number are not displayed in the list. Make sure to divide folders so that each contains within 150 files.
- If multiple Dante devices are connected to the same network, a message "Wrong Word Clock Error (Dante Device)" may occasionally be displayed when the TF series starts up. In this case, restart the TF series or the entire system before use.
- When using a DZR-D series powered speaker system/DXS-XLF-D series powered subwoofer system and the TF series are connected, if the unit ID of the DZR-D series/DXS-XLF-D series has been changed some times, they may not be displayed on the TF series’ screen. This issue can be solved by rebooting the DZR-D series/DXS-XLF-D series or the TF series.
- When turning the TF series on or updating the firmware, noise may occur on the Dante network for an instant. To avoid this issue, turn the TF series on first, and then turn on the power amps/powered speakers.
- When a Transmit channel of NY64-D has a channel label, the following issues may occur:
- A message “Dante Setting Error! Please Restart the Console” may appear when connecting to the DDM server, or when changing the FS setting.
- The TF series may not be able to recognize the device when repeating the participation and non-participation of the DDM domain.
- If the Dante network has many devices, the TF series may be unable to find devices when all devices are turned ON simultaneously. The TF series will be able to find devices after the console is rebooted.
- When the NETWORK connector of a TF series is connected to a Dante network with many flows, changing the network settings in the NETWORK screen or pressing the Refresh button may result in the TF screen freezing. Do not connect a Dante network to the NETWORK connector of a TF series. Rebooting the TF series restores it to the normal state.
License Agreement and Download File
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.