Yamaha's Proprietary Rights Notice
Owners of Yamaha musical instruments may use Yamaha’s preprogrammed sounds (STYLES, VOICES, PERFORMANCES, PATTERNS, ARPEGGIOS, SAMPLE DATA or YAMAHA STYLE DISKS hereinafter collectively referred to as “Programmed Sounds”) for their personal musical pleasure. Examples of permissible use include composing musical pieces using such Programmed Sounds and incorporating them in public performances or in recordings, regardless of whether such compositions, performances or recordings are for profit.
THE FOLLOWING EXAMPLES ILLUSTRATE SOME, BUT NOT ALL, PROHIBITED USES WHICH INFRINGE YAMAHA'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO ITS PROGRAMMED SOUNDS, AND ARE THEREFORE STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
- Making copies of Yamaha's Programmed Sounds and making them commercially available or sharing them over the Internet with third parties.
- Copying pattern data and selling the same as a musical score (paper or digital format) or incorporated in a musical score software program.
- Incorporating any DEMO music in your musical composition, or playing any DEMO music in public performances or recordings.
- Making copies of VOICES incorporated into a sound source of a Yamaha musical instrument and selling the same as a program.
- Copying or distributing, or making available to third parties for their copy or distribution, any Programmed Sounds.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding authorized or unauthorized uses of Yamaha’s Programmed Sounds, please contact your legal counsel for advice. Thank you for your interest in Yamaha products.