Yamaha Expands its Lineup of Dolby Atmos® Sound Bars
The new SR-B40A and SR-B30A sound bars are the latest additions to the Yamaha Dolby Atmos® offerings, delivering immersive audio for a variety of uses at attractive price points.
BUENA PARK, Calif. (July 20, 2023) — Yamaha today announced two new ways to experience Dolby Atmos® at home – the SR-B40A sound bar with wireless subwoofer and the SR-B30A sound bar with built-in subwoofers. The new models focus on providing outstanding sound performance and ease of use. They are part of the growing lineup of Yamaha Dolby Atmos sound bars – including two new models that were introduced earlier this month – that appeal to a wide range of consumers and offer a variety of different uses.
"With the significant increase in Dolby Atmos for watching movies, streaming shows, listening to music, and playing games, it's no longer necessary to have a complicated home theater system to enjoy it," said Alex Sadeghian, director of consumer audio, Yamaha Corporation of America. "With our new B40 and B30 sound bars, individuals can easily create an immersive listening experience that brings all Dolby Atmos content to life."
Designed from the ground up with sound performance at center stage, the new sound bar models reproduce sound with exceptional clarity, detail and spatial realism. The B30A is an all-in-one sound bar that uses two built-in subwoofers and a bass-reflex design to provide full-range sound from a single body – a great solution for smaller living rooms, bedrooms and dens. The B40A steps up the bass performance with a wireless subwoofer that can be placed anywhere in the room.
The sound of both models can be customized to a listener's content or personal taste with a variety of controls and settings, including four sound mode options, an independent subwoofer volume control and tone controls in the app for fine-tuning the EQ. Yamaha Clear Voice enhances dialogue clarity, while Bass Extension adds a more muscular presentation of low-end frequencies.
Setup for both models is easy with a single-cable HDMI connection between a TV and the bar via eARC/ARC. HDMI CEC allows users to control basic functions on a TV remote, such as power on/off, volume and mute. The remote included with the purchase of the sound bars gives individuals full control over settings, and a free app is available for iOS and Android that turns any smartphone or tablet into a remote – perfect for multiple users.
Features & Benefits:
- Sound Processing – Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus and more
- Speaker Drivers –
- Bar: (4) 1.75" cone full range, (2) 1" dome tweeters
- Subwoofer: (1) 6.25" cone with bass reflex
- SR-B30A: (4) 1.75" cone full range, (2) 1" dome tweeters, (2) 3" cone subwoofers with bass reflex
- Sound Modes – Standard, Movie, Game and Stereo
- Clear Voice – For dialogue clarity
- Bass Extension – Boosts low-frequency performance
- Easy Connectivity – HDMI eARC/ARC (with HDMI CEC), optical input
- Intuitive Controls – Top panel controls on the sound bar, remote control and downloadable Sound Bar Remote app for iOS and Android
- Music Streaming – Bluetooth connectivity
- Tabletop or Wall-Mount Bar Placement – Built-in keyholes in the bar allow for easy wall-mounting, if desired