Sopranino ABS Resin Recorders
Yamaha delivers safe and reliable products
From raw materials selection to manufacturing processes, we pay the closest attention to produce Yamaha recorders with safety and reliability.
Raw Materials Meet International Safety Standards (April, 2022)
While the plastics in some brands of recorders could contain toxic materials, the ABS resin used in Yamaha recorders is manufactured with non-toxic materials that meet or exceed international safety standards.
• Japan, Food Safety & Sanitation Law: utensils and toys standards cleared.
• European Union, REACH: although not regulated, lead and phthalate ester regulations cleared.
• North America, CPSIA: lead and phthalate ester regulations cleared.
Yamaha recorder components are assembled without the use of adhesives wherever possible. The Yamaha YRS-2X and YRA-2X soprano and alto recorders are entirely assembled using press-fit components, while other models use ultrasonic welding for some components.
* A safe adhesive that uses recycled materials and does not contain phthalate esters is used for some components that cannot be joined by ultrasonic welding in tenor and bass recorders.
ISO9001 Standard Quality Management
The Yamaha quality management system conforms to the international ISO9001 standard and is certified by DNV (Det Norske Veritas), an international accredited certification body headquartered in Norway. The same quality management system applies to all Yamaha production facilities throughout the world, ensuring that every product shipped conforms to the highest quality standards.
Cotton Case Bags
The recorder cases are made from environmentally friendly natural cotton.
Yamaha offers a choice of either German (Left) or Baroque (Right) fingering systems on many models to accommodate local preferences and traditions.
There are two different windways.
- Straight WindwayEasy to play with a soft pure tone. This is ideal for beginners.
- Arched WindwayIt has a slight resistance when you play for better breath control which gives greater tonal expressiveness and projection.
YRN-22B has a brilliant and beautiful tone. It plays with a sonorous and even tone throughout the registers with a rich expressive tone.
YRN-302B is a sopranino recorder with a brilliant tone. It sounds rich and even throughout the registers and is capable of rich expression.