Yamaha Unleashes the Category-Bending Wi-Fi, Multi-room Turntable: The MusicCast VINYL 500
BUENA PARK, Calif. (August 30, 2018) — Today Yamaha introduced a new spin on a time-tested classic for the next generation of music enthusiasts: the MusicCast VINYL 500 turntable - a Wi-Fi, multi-room turntable that allows music fans to not only play their favorite vinyl albums but also stream their favorite tunes throughout their entire home from the same device.
The Wi-Fi feature of the VINYL 500 makes its wireless capability stand apart from other products on the market. Through this feature, stereo setups are robust and simple to create - connect a pair of wireless MusicCast 20 speakers, or one or two MusicCast 50 speakers, to spin or stream music over a Wi-Fi network, no receiver necessary. For extra bass, add a wireless subwoofer to create a 2.1-channel setup. What’s more, Wi-Fi allows the VINYL 500 to expand a record’s reach beyond a typical single room setup to any room in your home by streaming its tunes to any MusicCast-enabled product. These stereo and multi-room configurations are all controlled by the MusicCast app.
The wireless flexibility of the VINYL 500 gives music fans the freedom to place it anywhere in their home – without the dependency of connectivity to other stereo equipment. This wireless freedom allows the turntable to double as a statement piece, free to sit on display while retaining all of its functionality and connectivity.
For the music you would rather stream than own, the VINYL 500 comes fully packed with wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, Apple AirPlay® and Spotify Connect. It also supports numerous built-in streaming services, including Spotify, Pandora®, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and thousands of free internet radio stations, all accessible via the MusicCast app. Additionally, the VINYL 500 works with Alexa voice control via any Amazon Echo device for streaming music and controlling multi-room or stereo setups via spoken commands.
“The VINYL 500 is the next-generation turntable that bridges the gap between analog and digital music formats,” said Robert Goedken, general manager, AV division, Yamaha Corporation of America. “With our rich Hi-Fi heritage and legendary reputation for craftsmanship, Yamaha is changing the way people enjoy their music. It’s been 30 years since we introduced a turntable. The MusicCast VINYL 500 reinvents the category.”
Along with the VINYL 500, Yamaha is also releasing the TT-S303 turntable. A turntable created with the Yamaha heritage for Hi-Fi quality, the TT-S303 can be paired with MusicCast-enabled receivers to add whole-home vinyl playback.
Both the MusicCast VINYL 500 and TT-S303 are crafted for performance and come stocked with the following components:
- Cartridge – Moving Magnet cartridge for durability and high-output delivery.
- Built-in Phono Preamp for line-level or Phono audio outputs.
- Tone Arm – Static balanced straight tone arm for lightweight effective mass and the right lateral balance. Anti-skate and adjustable counterweight maintain stable tracking.
- Platter – An aluminum platter with a high moment of inertia and felt anti-static mat reduces reverberation.
- Drive – A belt drive which reduces distortion. The high inertia platter is driven by a DC motor with a durable rubber belt to achieve stable rotation.
- Cabinet – Built of material with high internal loss and sound isolation feet to prevent vibration. A piano black gloss finish reminiscent of Yamaha’s premier pianos.
- External DC Power Supply – Cuts AC electronic interference.