Yamaha Expands Offerings for Vinyl Lovers in the Smart Home: Introducing the MusicCast VINYL 500 Wi-Fi Turntable in White
BUENA PARK, Calif. (Nov. 5, 2019) — Vinyl enthusiasts both new and old now have even more options for making a turntable the centerpiece of the listening experience in their smart homes thanks to the introduction of the new white version of the Yamaha MusicCast VINYL 500 turntable.
With vinyl sales poised to outsell CDs for the first time in three decades, the MusicCast Vinyl 500 not only satisfies the growing and resurgent interest in vinyl, it also brings the turntable into the modern era, combining classic Hi-Fi playback with Wi-Fi streaming capabilities.
The white version of the MusicCast VINYL 500 is arriving just in time for the holidays this year. The piano black version launched in 2018.
In addition to classic turntable playback, the MusicCast VINYL 500 is fully packed with wireless technologies to support wireless playback to other rooms with MusicCast-enabled speakers. In addition, it offers built-in streaming services, including Apple AirPlay 2®, Spotify Connect, Pandora®, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster, Qobuz, Amazon Music and thousands of free internet radio stations, all accessible through the MusicCast app. Additionally, the MusicCast VINYL 500 works with the most popular voice control assistants, allowing fans to control streaming music, volume levels and multi-room and stereo setups using spoken commands.
Now with a white version, it’s never been easier for enthusiasts to integrate their love of vinyl with their home decor and entertainment setup.
Turntable FeaturesThe MusicCast VINYL 500 is stocked with the following capabilities:
- Cartridge – Moving Magnet cartridge for durability and high-output delivery.
- Built-in Phono Preamp for line-level or Phono audio outputs.
- Tonearm – Static balanced straight tonearm for lightweight effective mass and lateral balance. Anti-skate and adjustable counterweight maintain stable tracking.
- Platter – An aluminum platter with a high moment of inertia and felt anti-static mat reduces reverberation.
- Drive – A belt drive which reduces distortion. The high inertia platter is driven by a DC motor with a durable rubber belt to achieve stable rotation.
- Cabinet – Built of material with high internal loss and sound isolation feet to prevent vibration.
- External DC Power Supply – Cuts AC electronic interference.
- Multi-room audio playback with MusicCast-enabled devices and speakers
- Voice control via Alexa and Google devices, and Siri, via AirPlay 2
- Built-in streaming services