Update for HDMI 2.1 Compatibility of Select 2020 AV Receivers with Certain Gaming, Video Devices (May 2021)
- This HDMI board update is complimentary to customers for 24 months after the program starts.
- We will provide an update of next steps here this summer.
- Be sure to register your product to be notified of next steps and receive direct communication about the update program.
- You will not need this HDMI board update unless you are planning to connect an Xbox Series X gaming or a NVIDIA RTX30 video graphic card device at 4K/120Hz signal transmission.
- These AV receivers (above) currently support HDMI pass-through of 4K/60Hz signals with HDR (HDR10 and Dolby Vision) and may be used with the latest gaming devices.
- These AV receivers currently support HDMI eARC, which allows 4K/120Hz sources to be connected directly to a compatible TV, with the audio fed to the AVR via eARC.
- The newly released RX-A4A, RX-A6A and RX-A8A are unaffected by the pass-through issue, requiring only a future firmware update to enable certain HDMI 2.1 capabilities.
Bring the theater home. This 5.2-channel 80 Watt AV receiver creates a powerful and advanced home theater experience with the latest in video processing and Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, app control, wireless streaming and more.
The Highest Resolution. This 7.2-channel, 100 Watt AV receiver boldly explores entertainment possibilities for an advanced home theater with the latest in video and audio, including Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization, DTS:X, wireless streaming and more.
Take your entertainment to the next level. With professional quality video and immersive surround sound via Dolby Atmos®, the RX-A2A will completely transform home cinema.