NS-800A Speaker New
- 2-way bookshelf speaker with 6 1/2" woofer
- A newly developed diaphragm made of "Harmonious Diaphragm™" made of a blend of materials, including Zylon® and spruce, for true tonal balance
- Ideal cabinet construction, designed with vibration analysis technology cultivated in our crafting of musical instruments
- Yamaha-patented Acoustic Absorber optimized for the NS-800A
- Yamaha-patented R.S. (Resonance Suppression) Chamber for suppressing unwanted resonance
- Authentic piano finish adds to the luxurious joy of ownership
- High-quality parts for crossover circuitry, including audio capacitors made by Mundorf of Germany
- Solid brass speaker terminals for highly secure connection and luxurious feel
LUXURIOUS WITH SPACIOUS SOUND
Yamaha created the NS-800A bookshelf speaker by fusing rich aesthetics with the latest advanced technology. The unique diaphragm material produces exceptionally unified tone, while the spacious large-capacity cabinet delivers a vast and luxuriant sound field. It is all topped off with a beautiful grand piano-like finish that gives you an even more luxurious music listening experience.
TOTAL MUSIC REPRODUCTION
Our patented Resonance Suppression chambers are mounted on the back of the tweeter in order to faithfully express even the finest nuances of musical instruments and voices. Two specially shaped tubes cancel unwanted resonance generated behind the diaphragm, revitalizing and maintaining the original sound.
FAITHFUL MUSICAL PRESENCE
Conventional speakers use a large amount of sound-absorbing material to eliminate standing waves inside the cabinet. However, this also removes much of the music's character. In the NS-800A, we’ve employed our patented Absorber tube to eliminate standing waves, while minimizing the amount of absorbing material, so that the original realism of music is reproduced with full energy and dynamism.
HIGHLY MUSICAL VIBRATION CONTROL
The principles for creating superb sound — understanding enclosure acoustics and pinpointing where to suppress vibrations — are virtually identical, whether crafting musical instruments or speakers. The NS-800A's cabinet construction incorporates state-of-the-art design technology while making full use of laser vibrometers, a tool essential in musical instrument research and development, as well as sophisticated Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis. The cross piece of the cabinet has also been reinforced. Experience a rich spatial sound that fully immerses you, making you feel as though you're right in the center of the performance.
Representative of the flagship series, the NS-800A adopts the highest quality parts for the crossover circuit. The MCap® SUPREME Classic audio capacitor made by Mundorf of Germany, renowned as the pinnacle in audio-use capacitor, is used along with a huge woofer coil.
The speaker is equipped with our original Twisted Flare Port. It adds a gentle twist to reduce air flow noise around the port, a common problem in conventional bass reflex speakers. This delivers an exceptionally accurate response with clear, tight bass reproduction.
The speaker terminals feature an original design, with a shape that comfortably fits with human fingers for a luxurious feel, while simultaneously allowing for effortless tightening.
The colors and finishes shown may vary from those on the actual products.