MTX-MRX Editor V3.4.1 for Win10 / 8.1 / 7 and firmware V3.41 (Previous version)
- If the MTX-MRX Editor V3.4.0 is already installed, Please uninstall the V3.4.0 before installing the MTX-MRX Editor V3.4.1.
- This information applies when using MTX-MRX Editor V3.4.0 or before on Windows 10 OS build 1903 or later, a “The data transmission to MTX-MRX Editor went wrong.” message appears by selecting MTX, MRX, PGM1, MCP1, or DCP and clicking “Finish” on the “Device Configuration Wizard” dialog box. In addition, the DCP is not added to the configuration.
To avoid this problem, first, select only processors such as MTX and MRX and complete the configuration by clicking the [Finish] button, and then reopen the “Device Configuration Wizard” dialog box to add MCP1, PGM1, MCP1, and DCP.
Project files created with a previous version can be loaded correctly.
- To update the firmware, please refer to the MTX/MRX system Firmware Update Guide.
- When the firmware of the device will update without compatibility version of editor, ensure that the MTX/MRX system is synchronized and saved to MTX-MRX Editor as a project file before performing the firmware update in order to ensure that your project data is not lost, and then perform the firmware upgrade using the latest version of MTX-MRX Editor. Ensure that the device is initialized after the update, and then open the previously saved project file using the latest MTX-MRX Editor and re-synchronize to the updated devices.
- When initializing Dante devices (MTX5-D, MRX7-D, PGM1 and Dante model of XMV), ensure that all other Dante devices on the network are disconnected or powered off. Otherwise initialization could take longer than necessary.
- To prevent damage to the SD memory card as well as loss of data, do not remove or insert the SD memory card while the device is on.
- Although MTX-MRX Editor shows 'Completed' after updating firmware, do not turn off the power of the device until the indicators on the front panel have stopped blinking.
- In the unlikely case of hardware failure, initialize the replacement device(s), confirm proper ID and DIP switch settings, and then resynchronize from MTX-MRX Editor to the device(s).
- When entering text into a text field inside a dialog box of MTX-MRX Editor using Input Method Editors, such as Microsoft IME, ensure that the mouse pointer is not clicked over another area of the open dialog window before converting and applying the text. This will cause the keyboard input to stop. Should this happen, close and re-open the dialog box.
- Do not enter the following characters in text fields in the MTX-MRX Editor.
& < > “ ‘ / $’ \n (line feed) \t (tab)
These characters may disappear or change into unexpected characters.
- When the project file created by MTX Editor V1.0.x is opened with MTX-MRX Editor or MTX Editor V1.1.x or later, [Play] selected by "SD Song Select & Play" in the “Preset” dialog, is changed to [No Assign]. In this case, manually change [No Assign] for all necessary Presets to [Play].
- Do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network. Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts. Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support the EEE function, since EEE operation cannot be disabled in these switches.
- *EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
- When the MTX-MRX Editor changes Dante patch settings for large numbers of devices, it may take several minutes after synchronization is shown to be complete (in MTX-MRX Editor) for the patch to be established and audio to be heard.
This zip file includes the following software
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.4.1
- MTX3 Firmware V3.41
- MTX5-D Firmware V3.41
- MRX7-D Firmware V3.41
- EXi8 Firmware V3.41
- EXo8 Firmware V3.41
- XMV series Firmware V3.41
- MCP1 Firmware V3.41
- PGM1 Firmware V3.40
- Dante Firmware Update Manager V18.104.22.168
- MTX5-D Dante Firmware V22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199-2.0.9-1.1.7
- MRX7-D Dante Firmware V188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206-2.0.9-1.1.7
- XMV series Dante Firmware V220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168-2.0.9-1.1.7
- PGM1 Dante Firmware V22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199-1.0.4
When using Dante Firmware of a version earlier than V188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 - 1.2.2, and Dante Latency is set to less than 1 msec, if the Dante Firmware is updated, the sound may be distorted. Please carry out one of the following after updating Dante Firmware.
- Initialize the devices.
- Perform [Clear Config] in the "Device Config" tab of the "Device View" window of Dante Controller.
- Reset after changing [Latency] into another value once from the "Dante Information" dialog box of MTX-MRX Editor.
- Reset after changing [Latency] into another value once from the "Device Config" tab of the "Device View" window of Dante Controller.
If "Unsupported" is displayed while updating the Dante firmware and the update can not be performed, please update once to the Dante Transition Firmware (MTX/MRX/XMV) listed in the Related Downloads and then update to the desired version of Dante firmware again.
MTX-MRX Editor / Firmware / Wireless DCP / ProVisionaire Touch / Tio1608-D / R Series (Rio/Ri/Ro) Compatibilities (Win)
Please make sure to use the appropriate versions of firmware and software, referring to the following compatibility charts. Using an unsupported combination may result in malfunction.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
MTX-MRX Editor V3.4.1
- Added the Speaker Processor Library of the VXC2F and VXC8S.
- Fixed a problem in which an error message would appear in "Device Configuration Wizard" on Windows 10 OS build 1903 or later.
- Fixed a problem in which the DCP may not have been added to the configuration on Windows 10 OS build 1903 or later.
- Fixed a problem in which, when the R series or Tio1608-D was added in the system, the MTX5-D's Dante Word Clock may have switched to 44.1kHz when restarting.
- Fixed a problem in which, when the Device Name of MRX7-D was changed, the controls would not be displayed on the MCP1’s display.
MRX7-D V3.41 / MTX3 V3.41 / XMV V3.41 / EXi8 V3.41 / EXo8 V3.41 / PGM1/PGX1 V3.40
- No change in this version; however, the firmware version number is updated to match other devices.
- If the Device Latency was set to 2 msec or 5 msec by the Dante Controller, the MTX-MRX Editor would display the setting as 1 msec. Confirm the correct latency value on the Dante Controller.
- The Dante model devices of MTX/MRX system uses Dante BrroklynII or Dante Ultimo.
Refer to the Audinate website (English) for details on the open‐source licenses for the particular software.
- When a Dante Domain Manager server (DDM server) is connected, the latency can be set to 10.0ms, 20.0ms, or 40.0ms. Use Dante Controller to set it. The MTX-MRX Editor does not support these settings.
- The names of XMV series models that support Dante are displayed as “XMVxxxx-D” in the DDM.
- In the Dante model, Dante Device Labels can be changed arbitrarily and permanently. These changes can be made from the Dante Controller software.
However, since the five initial characters are used for device identification (decided by UNIT ID), they should not be changed. The 6th character and subsequent ones can be changed arbitrarily.
Moreover, the following rules concerning Dante Device Labels are common to all Dante devices (and not just this one):
- Conventional characters (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase), numerals, or hyphens (-) can be used.
- A maximum of 31 characters can be entered.
- When you change the frequency of a clock source supplied externally, also make sure to change the Dante word clock setting using MTX-MRX Editor or Dante Controller.
When you change a setting by MTX-MRX Editor, choose System Word Clock Fs appropriately in the "Word Clock" dialog box of MTX-MRX Editor, and synchronize by "To Device."
When you change a setting by Dante Controller, please refer to the help function or user's guide of Dante Controller.
Keep in mind that the entire system may be affected by the settings in a single part. Major problems can occur when a device not intended to be a part of the system is set to a word clock setting that the other Dante devices do not support.
- When using the AES67 mode and/or Device Lock of Dante, we recommend that you checkmark the [Preserve the settings of Dante Controller] check box in the MTX-MRX Editor.
- When Tio1608-D (Firmware V1.03-2 or earlier) is included in an MTX/MRX system, Tio1608-D cannot carry out concurrent connection of CL, QL, TF, and MTX-MRX Editor.
Moreover, when Tio1608-D and/or R series (AD/DA) (Firmware V4.50 or earlier) are included in an MTX/MRX system, MTX-MRX Editor and R-Remote cannot carry out concurrent connection.
|OS||Windows 10 (32bit/64bit)||Windows 8.1 (32bit/64bit)||Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)|
|CPU||Core i3/5 or better||Core i3/5 or better||Core i3/5 or better|
|Memory||4GB or more|
|HDD||150 MB or more|
|Display||1024 x 768 pixels or higher|
|Other||Bonjour must be installed, Ethernet(1000BASE-T or higher)|
*You can download Bonjour for Windows from Apple's Bonjour support page
License Agreement and Download File
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
You Also Need
- Bonjour must be installed to use MTX-MRX Editor
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [English]
- MTX-MRX Editorユーザーガイド
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [Deutsch]
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [Español]
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [Français]
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [Italiano]
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [한글]
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [Português]
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [Русский]
- MTX-MRX Editor User's Manual [中文]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [English]
- MRX Designerユーザーガイド
- MRX Designer User's Guide [Deutsch]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [Español]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [Français]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [Italiano]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [한글]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [Português]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [Русский]
- MRX Designer User's Guide [中文]
- MTX3, MTX5-D, MRX7-D, XMV Series, EXi8, EXo8 Remote Control Protocol Specifications V3.3.1
- MTX3 MTX5-D MRX7-D XMVシリーズ EXi8 EXo8リモートコントロール プロトコル仕様書 V3.3.1
- MTX/MRX Library Files for VXC Series Speakers (V1.1)
- Dante Transition Firmware (MTX/MRX/XMV)
MTX-MRX Editor and firmware
- Previous versions information
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.4.1 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V3.41
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.3.0 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V3.31
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.3.0 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V3.30
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.2.0 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V3.20-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.1.1 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V3.11-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.1.0 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V3.10-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V3.0.0 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V3.00-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V2.2.1 for Win10/8.1/7 and firmware V2.20-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V2.1.2 for Win10/8.1/8/7 and firmware V2.11-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V2.1.0 for Win10/8.1/8/7 and firmware V2.10-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V2.0.2 for Win10/8.1/8/7 and firmware V2.03-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V2.0.2 for Win10/8.1/8/7 and firmware V2.02-2
- MTX-MRX Editor V2.0.1 for Win10/8.1/8/7 and firmware V2.01-2
- MTX Editor V1.3.0 for Win8.1/8/7 and firmware V1.32
- MTX Editor V1.3.0 for Win8.1/8/7 and firmware V1.31
- MTX Editor V1.3.0 for Win8.1/8/7 and firmware V1.30
- MTX Editor V1.2.2 for Win8.1/8/7 and firmware V1.20
- MTX Editor V1.2.1 for Win8.1/8/7 and firmware V1.20
- MTX Editor V1.1.2 for Win 8/7 and firmware V1.12
- MTX Editor V1.1.1 for Win 8/7 and firmware V1.11
- MTX Editor V1.0.1 for Win 8/7 and firmware V1.03