QL1 Firmware V3.10 (Previous version)
Use this file to update QL5/3/1 to V3.10. Please read the following instructions before updating.
Caution when updating
- Use the "ql*_firm310.zip" (* is the model number) when updating.
- Copy file "MQLP3_10.PGM" to the root directory of the USB memory. Follow the instructions on the update guide.
- You need to update the Dante firmware if you update the QL firmware to V3.10 from V1.08 or older. You can now update the Dante firmware for QL also by using the USB memory starting from this version. This method allows you to update both the firmware and the "MQLP3_10.PGM" file together at the same time.
- Before copying files, delete all files with extension .PGM and .BIN if any exists in the root directory of the USB memory.
- Prior to V3.0, the CL and QL Series used different files when updating, but both files used the same name * "C-MD1.BIN." For this reason, an error may occur during update when the incorrect "C-MD1.BIN" file is used or left in the root directory, and the TOUCH AND TURN knob will become inoperable. In order to recover from this mistake, copy the downloaded QL firmware file "QL-MD103.BIN" in the directory (\ql*_firm310\NAME SUB (* is the model number)) to the root directory of the USB memory. Follow the instructions on the update guide.
- Updating Dante firmware by using a USB memory takes approximately 10 minutes.
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- 1. If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- 2. If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support the EEE function, since EEE operation cannot be disabled in these switches.
- * EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
Cautions for Dante Firmware
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the QL series.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v126.96.36.199 for Mac does not support Mac OS X 10.6.8.
Please use Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5 or 10.10.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v188.8.131.52 for Windows does not support Windows XP.
Please use Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
- We found a problem in which the Dante settings might not be properly initialized when the firmware is updated to V3.0/V3.1, which results in data inconsistency between the CL/QL console and the R series units. This might occur only when the Dante Latency was set to 0.25ms or 0.5ms. Therefore, after updating to V3.0/V3.1 it is recommend to briefly change the Latency to 1.0ms on the console with the Console ID #1, then restore the original setting again. This will remove the possible data inconsistency between the console and the mounted R series units. However, Dante Controller will be needed to manually change the settings of R series units that are not mounted on the console with Console ID #1.
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
- You can remotely control one RSio64-D unit from a maximum of two CL/QL/R Remote units.
- You can remotely control one RMio64-D unit from a maximum of six CL/QL/R Remote units.
- You can remotely control one Rio/Ri/Ro unit from a maximum of two computers operating R Remote. You can also remotely control from four separate CL/QL units.
New Features in V3.10
- Now supports the RSio64-D control.
- You can now remotely control supported third-party head amps (HA) from the console.
- Functions related to cascade connections have been added.
- You can now select CENTER NOMINAL or LR NOMINAL for the pan setting of monaural input channels.
- You can now appropriately switch PAN mode and PAN knob settings due to changes in the stereo input signal processing of L-MONO, R-MONO and LR-MONO.
For details, refer to theQL5/QL1 V3.10 Supplementary Manual.
- You can now update the Dante firmware by using the USB memory.
- The files for updating CL and QL have been changed from the same name "C-MD1.BIN" to separate names. This will prevent updating with the wrong file.
- You can now manually remount when the USB memory is not recognized.
- Solved a problem in which the levels were not the same when odd-numbered/even-numbered MIX and MATRIX buses with different levels were linked to use as a stereo bus.
- Solved a problem in which if GPI OUT was set for the current scene, GPI operated when the scene was recalled by using PREVIEW mode.
- Solved a problem in which if GPI OUT was set for that scene after storing a scene, GPI OUT was output also when a library was recalled.
- Solved a problem in which it appeared that RMio64-D, as a member of the NUAGE Workgroup Manager, could operate from QL. (In actuality, you cannot operate from QL while it is a member of the NUAGE Workgroup Manager.)
- If Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the QL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the QL series device is restarted. Patch DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, the patch after CH41 cannot be performed from QL series consoles.
- We found a bug in which the HELP content disappears from the internal memory after restarting the console even if the HELP file was loaded. In order to work around the bug, please load the HELP file twice in a row.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- The following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
Y###-**********# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used)Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit.
- In the QL firmware V1.08 or later, you can remotely control the internal HA of a QL series by using the Port to Port function, from additional QL series or CL series (firmware V2.03 or later) consoles, but be aware of the following restrictions:
- In the case of QL5, you can remotely control the internal HA from external consoles only when Input 1-32 are patched to Dante Output 33-64 respectively, using the Port to Port functionality (default settings). Likewise, in case of QL1, it works only when Input 1-16 are patched to Dante Output 17-32 (the default patching needs to be changed).- If the HA channel is incorrectly patched from the QL console, through Dante, to the other console, the A.GAIN knob display of the corresponding channel will disappear. In that case, please check the patch settings including Port to Port.
- Custom fader bank settings are not only included in user settings, but in scene data as well. The custom fader bank settings that are recalled vary depending on the logged-in user, the type of the loaded data, and the version. Please note the following points:
- If you load console data of the ALL type as Administrator, the custom fader bank settings for the saved Administrator are recalled. If you load ALL data as Guest or another user, the custom fader bank settings for the saved current scene are called up.- If you load ALL data that was saved in CL V1.70 or earlier, since scenes do not include custom fader bank settings, the custom fader bank settings for the current scene when the load was performed are applied to all scenes. Therefore, before loading ALL data, we recommend that you either change users to set the custom fader bank to the desired setting, or that you enable Recall Safe for the custom fader bank.
- File Converter V3.0.0, compatible with CL firmware V2.00, V3.00 and V3.10, and QL firmware V3.00 and V3.10, has been made available for use.
License Agreement and Download File
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
- Previous versions information
- QL1 Firmware V5.01
- QL1 Firmware V5.00
- QL1 Firmware V4.51
- QL1 Firmware V4.50
- QL1 Firmware V4.10-2
- QL1 Firmware V4.04-2
- QL1 Firmware V4.02
- QL1 Firmware V4.01
- QL1 Firmware V4.00
- QL1 Firmware V3.11-2
- QL1 Firmware V3.10
- QL1 Firmware V3.02
- QL1 Firmware V1.08
- QL1 Firmware V1.07
- QL1 Firmware V1.02-2