MONTAGE Firmware V2.0 Features
NEW PRESET PERFORMANCES
- MONTAGE OS v2.0 features 99 new Performances. These Performances use fewer Parts making them perfect for customizing with your own sounds or using with a DAW.
MOTIF XS, MOTIF XF AND MOXF PERFORMANCE IMPORT
- MONTAGE now has total Voice AND Performance compatibility with MOTIF XS, MOTIF XS and MOXF. This lets you easily move sound content from your older MOTIF to MONTAGE and experience new DSP, the incredible Pure Analog Circuit output and Motion Control Synthesis with classic content.
Combined with the FREE FM Converter web app (https://yamahasynth.com/fmconverter) for converting DX7, DX7II, TX802 and TX816 Voice and Performance content to MONTAGE, you have access to the largest and most established hardware synthesizer sound library ever!
IMPROVED OVERVIEW SCREEN
- MONTAGE OS v2.0 adds a new Overview function for controller source and destination visualization. On the Overview screen, simply move a controller and its destinations will highlight.
IMPROVED CONTROL ASSIGN SWITCH FUNCTIONS
- MONTAGE OS v2.0 adds Motion Sequence Lane and Envelope Follower to the CONTROL ASSIGN screen. You can also jump directly into the controller assignment screen when pressing Control Assign and operating the Super Knob.
PERFORMANCE ON BOOT
- MONTAGE OS v2.0 lets you specify which Performance is loaded on boot. Perfect if you have a favorite sound or are doing extended work on a particular song.
USER AND LIBRARY AUDITION PHRASES
- Add custom demo phrases to your Performances!
FROM THE ENVELOPE FOLLOWER SCREEN TO CONTROL ASSIGN
- Now you can jump directly to the Control Assign screen from the Envelop Follower Edit screen via a new touchscreen button.
MAINTAIN RELATED EDIT SCREEN
- If you change between Parts that use two different tone generator types (for example, AWM2 to FM-X), MONTAGE maintains the related edit mode. For example, if you are assigning controllers on an AWM2 Part and change to an FM-X Part, you will stay on the controller assign page. This is very useful for doing batch edits.
"CLICK SETTING" SHORTCUT
- The "Play/record" screen now has a "Click Setting "shortcut for changing metronome parameters.
CATEGORY SEARCH "ALL" RESET
- This enhancement resets the main Category to "All" when changing Bank, Attribute or performing a Name Search.
LARGER FONT SIZE
- Setting font size to "large" now makes all Category and Sub-category text larger within Category Search.
For more details, check yamahasynth.com
Download MONTAGE Firmware V2.0
MONTAGE V2.0 Demo
Audition Demo videos of new Performances