YM-6100 5 Octave Artist Model Rosewood Marimba
Designed in conjunction with world-renowned marimba legend Keiko Abe, the YM-6100 is the culmination of over 40 years of instrument development with Ms. Abe, and is the industry-leading flagship for all Yamaha marimbas.
- Exclusive Yamaha tuning method ensures true pitch and full sound.
- Rosewood bars produce a high quality, traditional sound.
- Cut-away designed resonators, featuring a 3-position tracking system, allow resonator height adjustment for pitch and tone control and provide additional strength while reducing overall instrument weight.
- Forward facing, tunable resonators allow for easy fine-tuning, pitch and tone control of the lower register.
- Nut/bolt and welded resonators with denser alloys and thicker walls maximize the tone and ensure rattle-free play
- Redesigned, strengthened suspension cord is 13 times stronger than the standard cord.
- Graduated bars produce a full tone and projection throughout the instrument's range.
- Height adjustable frame with pneumatic struts allows one person to easily adjust the height to a comfortable playing position.
- Hinged resonators and rails, along with a two-piece crossbar, make tear down a simple task.
- Oversized 4" casters allow for easy transport over rough surfaces.
The colors and finishes shown may vary from those on the actual products.