Bösendorfer Vienna Concert Grand Pianos 214VC and 280VC with Disklavier ENSPIRE PRO System Debut at the 2018 NAMM Show
ANAHEIM (January 25, 2018) — Enhanced versions of the acclaimed Bösendorfer Vienna Concert piano models 214VC and 280VC will be showcased at the 2018 Winter NAMM Show, featuring integrated reproducing systems from the Yamaha Disklavier ENSPIRE PRO series. This game-changing combination melds the premium materials, handcrafted construction, and famous attention to detail that make Bösendorfer the choice of the world's most discerning pianists with the most sophisticated self-playing piano technology manufactured today.
Dubbed the 214VC ENSPIRE PRO and 280VC ENSPIRE PRO, both models include an exhaustive classically-focused repertoire of 464 internal songs, performed by a roster of artists both legendary and contemporary and covering a who's who of iconic composers too long to enumerate.
The Vienna Concert series itself is unique in that it represents an unprecedented effort by Bösendorfer to combine its 189-year legacy of perfection in artisanal piano making with the leading computer-aided design and manufacturing techniques of today, resulting in instruments that are as consistent and versatile as they are viscerally engaging, and that will meet and exceed the expectations of 21st-century performers and venues.
Originally launched in 2015, the full-sized 280VC has been heard in venues from Carnegie Hall to the Vienna Konzerthaus. Utilizing the exclusive Bösendorfer resonance case principle, it provides an unparalleled spectrum of tonal colors that make it perfect for any genre of music, from chamber to classical to jazz and beyond. The 214VC is based on the same design principles, while its seven-foot size makes it the ideal option for more intimate settings.
Further acoustical refinements in the 214VC and 280VC ENSPIRE PRO include:
- Actions optimized for a new level of direct finger-to-music connection that will put pianists at ease from the very first notes they play.
- Optimized placement of the string section and bridges at the soundboard for even string load, supporting the flexibility and effectiveness of the soundboard and resulting in improved sustain, projection, and dynamics.
- New soundboard design for a stable three-dimensional soundboard crown, leading to enhanced resonance, dynamic spectrum, and sustain.
- In the 280VC, an outer rim that maintains the traditional Bösendorfer resonance case principle with a spruce core for obtaining a maximum range of rich tonal colors.
ENSPIRE PRO is the latest and best iteration of the Disklavier reproducing technology Yamaha has been continuously improving upon for over 30 years. Its resolution and recording/playback accuracy is greater than that of any other such system. Yamaha AccuPlay technology monitors the movement of the keys, hammers, pedals, and solenoids, and adjusts in real time to ensure accurate performance reproduction. This means that an ENSPIRE PRO-equipped piano can recreate the subtlest nuances and full dynamic range of a performance, just as the original artist intended. With the signature Viennese sound of the Bösendorfer 214VC and 280VC as the voice of ENSPIRE PRO, the musical experience is nothing short of breathtaking.
Instead of the oblong control box of previous Disklavier generations, an app for Apple® iOS and Android™ devices, as well as PCs and Macs, controls the piano, providing direct access to the internal songs as well as over 6,000 performances that can be downloaded from the Yamaha MusicSoft online store. These performances are not simply renditions of composers' songs, but exclusive interpretations by the artists themselves, allowing listeners to experience the genuine touch and emotion as the instrument recreates a precise portrayal of the artists' intentions. Likewise, ENSPIRE PRO will flawlessly capture and recall every aspect of the playing of a teacher, student, or artist-in-residence, making it a premium solution for education and performance analysis.
While the 214VC and 280VC ENSPIRE PRO enjoy access to the full ecosystem of downloadable and streaming content from Yamaha, the pre-loaded internal performances—and especially the artists who recorded them—are what make these pianos truly unique. Among the pianists whose interpretations are perfectly captured are Vladimir Horowitz, Sergei Rachmaninoff, Artur Rubinstein, Camille Saint-Seans, Liberace, and even George Gershwin. Many of these performances date back to the 1920s and earlier, and so have been painstakingly optimized for the ENSPIRE PRO from original rolls for the Ampico “re-enacting piano,” which launched in 1916 and could be called the Disklavier of its era as it recorded not merely notes, but the player's dynamics, with far greater resolution than any other automated piano of the day. The result is that the 214VC and 280VC ENSPIRE PRO are effectively time machines that summon these great pianists to the present for a command performance—all while preserving everything that makes a Bösendorfer a Bösendorfer. Of course, the ENSPIRE PRO system has absolutely no effect on the action, sound, or response of the piano when unused.
More ENSPIRE PRO features of the 214VC and 280VC are:
- Control via any HTML5-compatible web browser, as well as the app.
- AccuPlay enhanced DSP servo system includes hammer sensor feedback in addition to key, pedal, and solenoid monitoring.
- Included WPS WiFi adapter adds easy wireless connectivity to the controller app directly or via a wireless network.
- PianoSoft audio format features stereo audio ensembles synchronized to real-time piano performances.
- New Premium Piano Radio channels stream PianoSoft Audio content.
- Silent mode decouples hammers from strings for silent practice through headphones, using a binaurally sampled concert grand piano.
Pricing and AvailabilityThe Bösendorfer 214VC ENSPIRE PRO (MSRP: $194,998) and 280VC ENSPIRE PRO (MSRP: $264,998) will ship in January 2018.
For more information, visit the Yamaha Booth at the 2018 NAMM Show in the Anaheim Marriott Hotel, Marquis Ballroom, January 25-28, 2018, or http://4wrd.it/Bosendorfer