CLP-785 Clavinova Digital Piano
Convenience Only Digital Pianos Can Deliver
Clavinova pianos are loaded with convenient features only digital pianos can deliver. You can use headphones to keep your surroundings quiet, or connect a Bluetooth® device to your Clavinova for playback through its speakers. Also, connect to Yamaha’s app, Smart Pianist, to gain extra help for your piano practice. The touch-sensitive control panel only displays text when it is on—when the panel is off, it has the smooth finish of a keyblock just like an acoustic piano.
Featuring the latest GrandTouch/GrandTouch-S keyboards with a broad dynamic range of touch and response on the level of a grand piano. Excellent consistency and nuanced expression give the pianist the utmost control over touch.
Grand Expression Modeling is a groundbreaking new technology that enables the pianist to use their techniques to produce the limitless tonal variation unique to grand pianos. The ability to vary the intensity and speed of touch to produce different tones adds another dimension to the joy of musical expression.
Virtual Resonance Modeling performs real-time modeling of the sympathetic resonance created by the behavior of the strings and body of the instrument—the foundation of the beautiful sound of a genuine grand piano. Also, the latest acoustic design technology delivers lifelike concert grand piano tone and resonance to your home for you to enjoy.
CLP-785 Clavinova Digital Piano
The flagship upright piano style model of the Clavinova CLP Series, featuring a counterweighted GrandTouch keyboard and the finest sound system in the series.
- Real Grand Expression 2 allows you to use the slightest variations of touch to create a limitless range of sound that captures your musical individuality.
- Grandtouch™ keyboard with counterweights simulate the feeling of playing an acoustic grand piano. Binaural Sampling technology delivers a three-dimensional sound, which recreates the perspective of the player position through headphones.
- Fortepiano Voices allow you to hear classical compositions the way the original composers would have heard them. The CLP-785 includes Mozart, Scarlatti, Beethoven, and Chopin piano voices.
- Grand Acoustic Imaging simulates the sound image of a grand piano but in a compact, Upright design.
- Grand Expression Modeling simulates the mechanics of the hammers, strings, and all the internal components of the piano and transfers them into the control of your fingertips, to give the ultimate feeling of articulation and expression.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano.
- The GP Response Damper Pedal offers a grand piano-style resistance curve, starting out light and growing heavier as the pedal is depressed, allowing players to become accustomed to the nuances of delicate pedaling.
- The Touch Sensor Control Panel disappears when not in use to hide the powerful technology beneath the classic piano cabinetry.
- Bluetooth Audio and MIDI is built in allowing you to connect your Bluetooth enabled devices to play music or use Yamaha's Smart Pianist app.
The colors and finishes shown may vary from those on the actual products.