QL5 Firmware V1.07 (Previous version)
- Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.
Therefore we strongly recommend that:
1. If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
2. If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support the EEE function, since EEE operation cannot be disabled in these switches.
* EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the QL series.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v22.214.171.124 for Mac does not support Mac OS X 10.6.8.
Please use Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8.5 or 10.9.
The Dante Firmware Update Manager v126.96.36.199 for Windows does not support Windows XP.
Please use Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
If you update the device from the V1.02 firmware, the Dante firmware need not be updated.
- When updating the firmware, follow the instructions described in the “QL5/QL1 Firmware Update Guide”. However, you do not need to update the Dante firmware if you update the QL firmware to V1.07.
Before starting, delete all files with extensions .PGM and .BIN, if any, in the root directory of the USB memory. If you update with the particular CL V1.70 or later firmware file (C-MD1.BIN), for example, the TOUCH AND TURN knob will become unable to operate. In order to recover from this mistake, copy the downloaded QL firmware file "C-MD1.BIN" in the directory (/ql*_firm107/NAME SUB (* is the model number)) to the root directory of the USB memory, and re-update.
Yamaha CL series Firmware Update Overview
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
- Now supports the Help function.
Please download from the Yamaha Pro Audio website to use Help files.
- When you initialize the unit, the initial setting of the WORD CLOCK is now changed to DANTE 48k in order to be synchronized to the same clock between devices in the system where multiple CL/QL units are used even with the initial settings.
- When you initialize the unit including the Dante audio network setting or updated the firmware, the initial setting of "Preferred Master" is now changed to ON. This setting will not be affected by the console setting and restart, and can be changed on Dante Controller software when needed. With the initial setting, if you change the word clock setting to other than DANTE for a CL/QL unit, the console will preferentially become the clock master, which would prevent clock errors. If needed, you can manually select the clock master on Dante Controller by enabling "Preferred Master" on a single device (the others off), which is always powered on while the system is operational.
- When you change to the output channels from the input channels in the bank select key, the SEND field of the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen will change to the MATRIX tab from the MIX tab. Then, MIX tab is now displayed when you return to the input channel.
- A pink frame is now shown around the SEND knob in the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen that you can operate by using the [TOUCH AND TURN] knob in the conjunction to press the MIX/ MATRIX bus key in the SENDS ON FADER section.
- In the Initialized state, the STEREO channel L/R are now assigned to the OUTPUT PATCH window of the I/O device #1.
- Now supports Ro8-D SYNC, SYSTEM indicators.
- In the QL firmware V1.07, you can remotely control the internal HA of a QL series by using the Port to Port function, from additional QL series or CL series (firmware V2.03 or later) consoles, and the following bugs were solved:
・Solved a problem in which "With Recall" could not be enabled on external consoles, when QL's internal HA settings were recalled by the scene on the QL itself.
・Solved a problem in which the corresponding HA settings on the remote QL would not correctly recall, when you recalled an Input Channel Library.
- Solved a problem in which the function of Rio’s HA REMOTE did not work correctly if you changed the DANTE PATCH from an external device when you turned OFF the MIXER SETUP of the USER LEVEL.
- Solved a problem in which the DIRECT PLAY of RECODER allocated to the USER DEFINED key or the CH OPERATION in the USER LEVEL page was not set correctly, when you were logged in as a guest.
- Solved a problem in which the changing link parameters in the link group might be applied in another group.
- Solved a problem in which the set value of the gain was not pasted correctly, when you executed the paste operation where the Gain Compensation was changed from ON to OFF in the Global paste.
- If the Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the QL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the QL series device is restarted. Patch DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, the patch after CH41 cannot be performed from QL series consoles.
- If the setup of REDUNDANT/DAISY CHAIN is changed while the Dante device is not connected with Dante PRIMARY/SECONDARY connectors, no audio signal will pass. Audio will once again pass after the Dante device is connected or after the power for the QL series device has been restarted.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- The following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)
*indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used)
Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.
For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit.
- In the QL firmware V1.07, you can remotely control the internal HA of a QL series by using the Port to Port function, from additional QL series or CL series (firmware V2.03 or later) consoles, but be aware of the following restrictions:
In the case of QL5, you can remotely control the internal HA from external consoles only when Input 1-32 are patched to Dante Output 33-64 respectively, using the Port to Port functionality (default settings).
Likewise, in case of QL1, it works only when Input 1-16 are patched to Dante Output 17-32 (the default patching needs to be changed).
- If the HA channel is incorrectly patched from the QL console, through Dante, to the other console, the A.GAIN knob display of the corresponding channel will disappear. In that case, please check the patch settings including Port to Port.
License Agreement and Download File
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
- Previous versions information
- QL5 Firmware V5.01
- QL5 Firmware V5.00
- QL5 Firmware V4.51
- QL5 Firmware V4.50
- QL5 Firmware V4.10-2
- QL5 Firmware V4.04-2
- QL5 Firmware V4.02
- QL5 Firmware V4.01
- QL5 Firmware V4.00
- QL5 Firmware V3.11-2
- QL5 Firmware V3.10
- QL5 Firmware V3.02
- QL5 Firmware V1.08
- QL5 Firmware V1.07
- QL5 Firmware V1.02-2