TF Quick Tips Videos
With many years in the professional audio field, John Schauer is a 30+ year veteran of Yamaha Corporation of America. He has worked with many users and professional sound companies, sharing both his technical expertise and experience in a way that makes complex subjects easy to understand.
Watch his Quick Tip videos to get a deeper understanding of the TF series and save time while doing it!
Inputs & Outputs
- Use GainFinder™ to get the perfect setting!
- EQ is easier and faster when you use 1-knob EQ™
- How to setup and use the gates on the inputs of the TF
- EQ is easier and faster when you use 1-knob EQ™
- Great way to control all the Auxiliary mixes
- Seeing the second layer of inputs and what to expect
- Settings for more speech or spoken word related duties
- Free up the regular input channels by using the stereo inputs
- Adding effects is really easy. Here's how to do it!
- You can route any of the busses to the Omni outputs on a TF to customize your sends.
- Just like the inputs, there are output presets to help get your mixes dialed in quickly
- This is how easy it is to move your inputs and outputs up to the stage
- Create a separate subwoofer send and control the subwoofer output levels
- Assign inputs and outputs for quick access on the control layer on a TF
- How the 4 Matrix Outputs on the TF Series allow for flexible mixing options
- Connect stereo devices to the TF Series Mixers
- Custom patch inputs from Tio-1608D Dante Stage boxes to channels on the TF via Dante controller
- Freely patch outputs from a TF Series mixer to Tio-1608D Dante Stage boxes and other Dante enabled devices
- Set up a two console system, sharing the same inputs
- How to set User Defined Controls for the TF Series.
- How to use the Cut, Copy and Paste Functions on the TF console.
- When new firmware is available, follow this quick video to update your TF.
- This is a quick way to get all the settings of the TF saved away safely.
- Administrator features allow you to set permissions for your users. Great for a new user, or to limit other possible mistakes by less experienced operators.
- Easily put the TF back to its original settings.
- All settings of the console are stored as a scene. This is how you store to these scenes.
- Using these controls, you can customize the TF the way you need it.
- Use your PC to edit settings on the TF, either online in real time, or offline to load in later.
- StageMix™ allows you to have mobility and freedom to move around the venue and perform adjustments with you iPad.
- Getting the app and setting it up on an iPhone
- Getting the app and setting it up on an iPad
- Getting the app and setting it up on an Android device
- Where to find the free app and how to install it on the iPad
- Now you can securely connect the iPad to a TF without Wifi when needed.
- how to set effects use tap tempo within the delay effects remotely with the iPad.
- Here's how you give control to the performers!
- An overall look at the TF5 mixer
- A quick look at the TF-RACK
- Here are some secrets for making the TF-RACK easier to use.
- Highlights of the new features firmware 3.5 brings to the TF.
- Adjusting the labeling on the TF is explored here.
- Check this quick video out if you use the TF series in darker locations.
- It's easy to turn off the flashing light if desired. Here's how to do it.
- Here's how to brighten up the TF surface using the USB connectors.
- It is easy to remove the side panel of a TF1 before installing the optional rack mount kit.
- New features added to the TF when the firmware is updated to V4.0
- The steps to update the firmware in your TF. This process will also automatically update an installed NY64-D card
- The new features added to the StageMix 4.0 app for the iPad to control the TF
- The Matrix function on the TF series can really help speed up your mixing
- Features available on the Settings page on the TF Series
- The new mute groups and Scene fade times that are added in V4.0 firmware
- How to setup a scene fade and pick which channels are faded, leaving others to instantly change
- How to change patching to the TIO1608D I/O boxes using Dante controller from Audinate
- Explanation of the input delay feature added to the stereo inputs in V4.0 firmware
- How to update the TIO1608-D firmware via R Remote software
- Explanation of the Administrator settings available in the TF series
Sound Engineer Testimonial
Russ Long a highly regarded audio engineer, equipment reviewer, and author describes his first experience with the new Yamaha TF5 Digital Mixing Console.
Russ talks about how the intuitive design of TouchFlow Operation™ allowed him to have one of his quickest soundchecks ever. In his testimonial, he describes the benefits of QuickPro™ Presets, GainFinder™, 1-knob EQ™ for vocal, and the multi-touch screen.
TF Series Tutorial Videos
Welcome to the TF Tutorial Videos. Andy Cooper is going to talk you through the TF series lineup, and show you the main points that are going to help you achieve more polished and professional results, without having to spend days reading a manual.
*English subtitles are available.
- How Yamaha's unrivaled digital mixer heritage has shaped the core concepts of the new TF series.
- TF consoles may be compact, but they are overflowing with new features and tech. It's time to find out more!
- Find out how TF can make this important but time consuming job easier and faster!
- TF has many new features to speed up a sound engineer's workflow. Pick up some tips with this video.
- Musicians will be impressed with how quickly TF allows them to get a comfortable sound on stage. Find out how in this video.
- Find out how to use the eight effect units of TF to transform a good sound mix into a professional one!
- Stereo or multi-track, recording or playback, virtual sound-check or background music. TF makes it easy.
- TF works with a number of helpful apps: find out how TF Editor, TF StageMix™ and MonitorMix can enhance your workflow, bring freedom and fun to your mix.
This document describes general instructions to connect Yamaha Dante devices with 3rd-party non-Dante AES67 devices.
This guide introduces the setup procedure for the Yamaha TF Series digital mixing console and Tio1608-D I/O rack, as well as system examples based on the number of Tio1608-D units.
This guide shows how quick and easy it is to achieve a high quality, live multi-track recording using a Yamaha TF series digital mixer, the software of Steinberg Nuendo Live, and a PC.